Part 18

Petra and I begin seeing each other, in a sort of weird sexy friendship. Nothing official or serious, just a casual, relaxed physical relationship. The new me is really proud of me. It starts when Petra asks me to the pub after work again, mid-week, a few days after our first night together. We go to the gay pub, but we soon end up kissing and she starts touching me up, so we drink up quickly and go back to mine to have sex. I know that at weekends she often does something with Diana, but we meet for coffee on the following Saturday afternoon. During the week after that, I take my turn to suggest going out after work, and we do the same: quick drink in the pub, then back to mine for sex.

A few weeks later I catch her eye across the department as she brings the internal post round. I make a drinking sign with my hand and raise an eyebrow. She nods and shrugs, then tilts her head sharply to beckon me over as she turns to deliver a handful of stuff to one of the clerks. We meet halfway down the edge of the office. She eye-fucks me for a second as I walk towards her.

'Are you OK for a drink?' I ask, liking her eyes on my body and legs. 'We don't have to, if it's awkward.' I wonder if she has family commitments.

'It's fine.' She glances around and drops her voice. 'I was just thinking, we're not really doing it for the drink, are we?' She moves closer and we almost touch. 'We could stop wasting time and money going for a drink first and just go straight to yours.' She grins.

I grin back. 'We have drink in the house. If we need it.'

'Exactly.'

There's a little pause as the recognition of our shared lust throbs between us. I finger the ends of my hair where it rests on my chest and watch her watch me. I know she's looking at my tits, and I'm pleased she is. 'OK. See you later, then.'

***

I have to admit, the sex is usually not very good, even though the build-up is great. But I like Petra, she is almost always cheerful and makes me laugh, and she kisses brilliantly. And I keep reminding myself that the new me is enjoying it. I find myself thinking of Petra as the sort of girl who'd be really fun to go out with, have a great night together, and not care if it didn't lead to anything.

She is, though, desperately anxious to please in bed, and would be mortified to think I wasn't having unalloyed fun with her. So I pretend again and again, and guide her, and make little subtle changes to the way we make love, when I can. I don't even try to meet anyone else, and I put up with a lot of very mediocre sex, in the name of staying loyal and making things better. I try to take the edge off some off the clumsiness in her lovemaking, direct her eagerness to please into different ways of prolonging my pleasure. Slowly, she begins to learn.

One evening, not long before Christmas, Petra and I are in my bed together after work, cuddling in the gloom of the early dusk. She's just given me an unexpectedly very very good fuck. Just the right balance of gentleness and urgency. So perfect for what I needed at that moment. I've been caught off-guard by how intense it was, and wonder if we can make a go of things after all. I've noticed that, while she still likes me to do her sometimes, she's taking the lead more and more often. My guard is down, I'm mellow and happy and satisfied and I'm enjoying the glow of a for once real, and very good, orgasm. I mention the control thing in passing, and kiss her to let her know I like it.

She stretches her naked body against mine as she kisses back, and I wonder briefly if she's going to fuck me again. I'd really like that, if she wants to. Especially if it's as good as just now. But she moves off gently and rests her head on my shoulder. 'Yeah. Actually, you're not the only one to notice that just recently.'

'Oh? Have you as well, then?'

She smiles and combs her fingers through my hair. 'Well, yeah. I like it, I like the way you get so turned on.' We kiss again, then she goes on, 'But no. I meant that someone else has noticed I'm a bit more, um, active sometimes.'