I woke up and the first thing I noticed was that someone was stroking my hair. And that I was laying on that someone's chest.

I looked up tiredly to see which one of my mates I was laying on.

It was Xander.

"Hey, baby. Did you sleep well?"

"Mhmm." Humming in response as I laid my head down on his chest again and drawing invisible circles with my finger.

"That's good. You seem to sleep a lot when you're with us."

"Sorry. I swear I'm not that lazy usually. You guys are just so comfy and I just can't seem to help it."

"Shhh. It's okay."

I hummed again, too tired to give a verbal response and then there was silence after it for a minute.

"Where's Xavier, by the way?"

"Got bored of me already?" Xander teased me and I just shook my head slightly.

"He's downstairs making us dinner."

"Dinner? But when I came to your office I had just eaten lunch and we weren't in the office that long."

"You slept quite a few hours."

"Ohhhh, that makes sense." Snuggling into him again.

He kissed the top of my head.

"Me and Xavier need to talk to you about something after dinner."

"About what?"

"It's about us being mates and we can explain why you're so tired around us."

"Mkay."

Then the door opened revealing Xavier with a large tray in his hands. He closed the door and then came to the bed.

"Hey, sleeping beauty. I thought we'd have to kiss you to make you wake up."

I whined because he was making me blush again and I hid my face into Xander's chest.

"Hey now, don't hide that beautiful blush from us."

I peeked at him from underneath my lashes.

"Come on now baby girl, let's eat dinner and then we'll talk."

----------

After eating dinner they both faced me and they had serious expressions on their faces, so I knew it was something important.

"So you know how you've been sleepy around us a lot?"

"Yup."

"It's because we haven't marked you yet."

I had heard that term before but what did it mean?

"What does marking mean?"

"Marking is when the male - or in this case males - bite into the female's neck so that our bite marks will stay on your neck and anyone can see them in case you don't cover them up with something and that is a sign to other unmated wolves that you're already claimed and not available. There are of course pairs with just two males or two females but a pair of different genders is the most common one as we need to reproduce to survive."

"Did you just say that you have to bite my neck? Both of you?"

"Yup, that's exactly what I said."

"Uhmmmm..."

"Don't worry, it's not as painful as it sounds."

"And what does marking have to do with me being sleepy around you guys?"

"As we haven't marked you, your body uses very much energy to make your smell stronger and more alluring to us, so that we would mark you and that is why you're always so sleepy around us."

"Is there a possibility that I could pass out from the exhaustion?"

"Umm... we don't really know. Usually mates claim their significant ones very quickly after they find each other so it's hard to tell."

"So there's a chance?"

"Maybe there is, maybe there isn't, we really don't know."

"Oh okay..."

I fell silent after that thinking about all of the new information I got.

"Are you okay, Angel?"

"Hmm? Yeah I'm fine. I just learned that I have to let two half men/ half wolves bite into my neck with their canines so that I wouldn't maybe pass out."

They both whimpered at that and looked at me sadly, coming closer and hugging me to them.

"We're sorry, Angel. We don't want you to feel pressured into it."

"I didn't mean it like that, don't worry, I don't feel pressured."

"That's good. We would never pressure you into anything like this if you didn't want to do it."