After Hours (Blaise Zabini)

Start from the beginning

"Smith," I supplied making Pansy groan and grab her pillow.

She threw it at Tracy, knocking the girl back onto her bed. "I thought we agreed we weren't going to bring that up again."

"Who could resist when it's such good ammunition," Daphne said, giving up trying to bring the conversation back to Blaise's supposed crush. "Merlin, the way you ran away from Smith whenever he was in the same room was something to see."

I stifled a laugh, remembering the way she had tried to set her robes on fire when, after dropping them, Smith had picked them up to give to her. She had been so convinced that he had put her under some sort of spell and had even thrown a party in the common room to celebrate her freedom when she got over her crush.

"Is Millie waiting for us?" I asked instead of bringing up more of Pansy's embarrassing memories. The girl was a dirty fighter and she was only bound to retaliate by bringing up our darkest memories.

"She left early to walk around the grounds but promised to keep our seats for us," Daphne said and we all began to hurry to finish getting ready, "We should probably get going. We don't want her to wait for us."

Once we were all dressed, we headed into the common room and apparently the fifth-year boys had decided to go the same. Daphne, upon seeing them walking towards the exit, nudged me and I rolled my eyes. Before she could do something stupid like trying to make me walk beside him, I dropped back to walk beside Pansy and engaged her in a conversation.

Despite Daphne's planning, we exited the common room before the boys were even partway through the room. And before she could suggest that we waited a little longer, I reminded her that Millicent was waiting for us and we were on our way to the great hall.

Upon entering the great hall, we headed straight to the Slytherin table and found Millicent who was sat alone, saving our seats. I settled down beside her and began to help myself to some toast when the fifth-year boys filtered into the great hall. When they arrived to the Slytherin table, they sat down beside us and I intentionally made sure not to look towards Daphne when Blaise settled down beside me. I didn't even bother to greet the boy as I searched the table for the strawberry jam that I always started the day with.

I eventually found it, on the other side of Blaise. Crabbe reached out to take the jam, only to recoil when Blaise slapped his hand away from the jar. Cradling his hand against his chest, Crabbe gave Blaise a searching look before shrugging and turning away. Blaise picked up the jam jar and before I could ask for it, he handed the jar to me. My eyebrows rose in surprise as I took it from him.

"Otherwise you'll ask me for it," he said bluntly, turning back to his own food, "and I want to eat my food in peace."

"Did I tell you to pass it to me?" I asked coldly, raising an eyebrow as I saw Daphne mouth 'I told you so' from the corner of my eye. "Magic exists for a reason."

**********

Once we were finished with breakfast, we very reluctantly made our way towards our Potions classroom. Whilst we certainly got away with a lot more because we were Slytherins, Snape seemed to have tightened his reigns this year because O.W.L.s were just around the corner. His tolerance had certainly decreased a lot and we found ourselves trying not to get on his bad side. Merlin, if we felt like this then what did the rest of the houses feel like?

We entered the classroom, heading towards our normal seats at the back of the room. Or rather, that had been my plan until Daphne started her interfering again. She was blatantly trying to get me to sit at a different table so Draco, who after being pestered by Daphne, would send Blaise to sit next to me. I was vehemently refusing, glaring at her.