Green Eyed Monster (Albus Severus Potter)

I'd learnt from experience that it was better to arrive at the train station early because you had less of a chance of getting caught up in the crowd and more of a chance of finding an empty train carriage. So, after having arrived early at the platform and saying goodbye to my parents I walked onto the train, finding an unoccupied train carriage.

How long would it take for everyone else to arrive?

I glanced warily between my trunk and the overhead compartment - I was never normally the first one to arrive and so someone was usually here to help me place my trunk into the compartment that I barely managed to reach even when I stood on my tiptoes.

Taking a hold of my trunk I struggled to place it into the compartment when suddenly the weight of it became all the more lighter. Looking around my trunk I met the smiling eyes of the boy on the other side as he easily lofted my trunk up. Stepping away from the trunk as he pushed me away with his shoulder, I sat down to watch him. Placing my trunk away effortlessly, he then did the same with his, sitting across from me when he was finished.

"So," he said with a playful grin, "How has my best friend been?"

I rolled my eyes, looking away from him to rummage through my purse. "I don't know Al. How has your best friend been?"

"Don't be like that," he said instantly, one of his feet kicking out to tap against my leg. I stopped my search momentarily to look pointedly down at his foot which he brought back into him. "Come on - I missed you over the summer holiday. Didn't you miss me too?"

Choosing not to answer him, I gave up my search because I'd long forgotten what it was that I was looking for. Instead I looked out of the window, biting on the inside of my cheek to stop myself from smiling when I saw him move from the corner of my eye. He stood up only to sit down again, beside me this time. He nudged me with his shoulder in an attempt to make me look at him.

"Are you seriously going to ignore me right now? Even though we haven't seen each other all summer?" He nudged me again before letting out a sigh. "Fine but at least tell me what I did that was so bad?"

I didn't need to be facing him to know that he had narrowed his eyes at me in response to my continual silence. "Alright then - just remember that you brought this onto yourself. But you do know what I'm going to have to do to you if you continue to ignore me, don't you?"

It took me less than a second to process his words and even shorter for me to rise to my feet. I needed to put as much space between us as I could. When I started to run he would catch me effortlessly so the more space I put between us, the better -

His hand curled around my upper arm and pulled me back down beside him the moment that I had tried to take my first step away from him. His actions were a lot quicker than mine and he was tickling me before I even had the chance to try and shy away from his prodding fingers.

"Stop it!" I squealed as his arms came around me, continuing to dodge the hits that I tried to throw his way. "Albus, seriously stop."

"On one condition," He said, still not stopping. "Tell me who's the most handsome boy in the whole school?"

I kept quiet, not allowing myself to give him an ego boost. Albus narrowed his eyes even further, his hands drifting towards my neck - the most ticklish part of my body and I dissolved into a fit of giggles.

"Answer the question and I'll stop."

Looking over his shoulder I glanced into the hallway and recognised the boy passing the corridor instantly.

"James!" I cried, out, trying to get the older Potter boy to save me.

But Albus, having taking that as my answer, pulled away from me in sheer shock. He stared round eyed at me and I shook my head at his misunderstanding. James' fangirls could have him.