Beating A Weasley (George Weasley)

Making my way through the great hall I settled down at the Ravenclaw Table. Sitting across from Cho, I watched as she spoke quickly to Marietta Edgecombe, her hands moving exaggeratedly as she spoke. Marietta glanced at me from the corner of her eye and I raised an eyebrow, silently asking her what was going on.

She rolled her eyes and I turned to pour myself a glass of pumpkin juice after having decided that it was better to not get involved. When Cho became so interested in proving her point, which she did often, the best thing to do if you were watching from the side was to just remain silent.

Unfortunately for me, she'd seen me. Turning her head to face me she outstretched a hand to gesture towards me. "I bet she'd agree with me." She shot Marietta a pointed look.

"I'd agree with you about what?" I asked knowing that there was no way that I would get away from this without becoming involved. It was better for me to just get this over and done with already.

"Hogwarts is a magical place, right?"

I raised an eyebrow at the stupid quesion, "Obviously."

"Well surely Hogwarts would have the magical ability to affect other things."

"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked, taking a sip from my drink.

"What she means," Marietta cut in before Cho could speak up again. "Is that she thinks that the magic around Hogwarts should have the power to affect romantic aspects of life."

"Alright." I was unconvinced and they both knew it.

"Think about it," Cho said leaning towards me. "The flux of magic surrounding Hogwarts could affect the way that we make decisions, like say, what if we decide to give our first kiss to one person because the magic could help make the decisions for who we want to spend the rest of our lives with."

"So what you're saying is that the person we give our first kiss to in Hogwarts is the person we're going to spend our lives with?" Cho nodded and I couldn't help but let out a snort in response.

"You don't agree with me," she stated blandly.

"No and I wouldn't agree with you even if you gave me a thousand galleons."

"Why?" She demanded.

"Alright, so you're saying that if you give your first kiss to someone in Hogwarts that means that you're going to spend the rest of your life with them right?"

Cho rolled her eyes at me," Have you not been listening to a word that I just said."

"Unfortunately I have," I muttered before speaking aloud, "What if the person you kiss has already had their first kiss? Who do they spend the rest of their lives with? Their first kiss or you?"

"Well, they would... I-" She trailed off before she gave me a glare, "You can say whatever you want I still believe in it."

I shrugged, "Believe in whatever you want just don't expect me to believe in it as well."

"So you don't believe that a first kiss in Hogwarts can have an effect on the rest of your life?"

I let out an exasperated sigh before sharing a look with Marietta who only rolled her eyes in response. When Cho acted like this she was a handful.

"I'm telling you," I said as I looked across the table at Cho and saw that her face was set in determination. I swear the only times she was this stubborn was when she was on the quidditch pitch or when she was trying to prove a point. "You can kiss whoever you want without it having a direct effect on your future. I don't believe in stuff like that."