Chapter 25: The Salsa Club

Start from the beginning

After the second song finishes, I stand on tiptoe so I can speak in his ear. "I'm going to get us another shot. Go back to our table and take off your vest and tie, you're going to overheat. And observe the other couples on the dance floor, learn some turns and tricks! I bet you won't even have to practice," I say with a wink.

I walk over to the bar and wait for two more shots. I'm definitely starting to feel a buzz. I feel warm all over and exhilarated. Knowing Sherlock and his observation skills, we'll be tearing up this dance floor before the end of the night.

As I make my way back, I stop dead in my tracks as I see Sherlock next to our table. He has removed his vest and tie, leaving only his white shirt. He is staring at the dance floor with concentration on his face. I haven't had enough alcohol to make me forget that he's just my fake boyfriend, but just enough to realize just how good Sherlock looks right now.

I walk up and hand him his shot and lime. We down them quickly, and this time, he grabs my hand and takes me to the dance floor. As the song begins, he pulls me towards him into salsa position, and we begin. His few minutes of observation have nearly turned him an expert. He quickly twirls me and does spins himself, sometimes going for an independent move before coming back to me. We both begin laughing as we dance, hardly able to catch our breath. Throwing me into swift dips, even adding a couple of lifts here and there, I am having a fantastic time.

After a couple of more shots, Sherlock has definitely loosened up, untucking his shirt and unbuttoning the top few buttons, making him look even sexier. I move my hips and weave my arms through the air, letting my body be as sensual as it can be. I'm definitely feeling that tequila.

The band begins to play a slower song and announces that this will be their last song of the evening. Sherlock looks around him and quickly observes the couples around us. He pulls me close to him, so close that the front of our bodies are touching. Our bodies move as one, stepping and moving together. I feel warmth spread through my body. He occasionally glances around to learn more moves and immediately implements them. He puts both of his hands on my waist and dips me backwards. As I come back up, I throw my hands around his neck, pulling myself close to him. The song ends, and I stand on my tip toes to wrap my arms around his neck, hugging him. My heart is racing. "Thank you, Sherlock," I whisper in his ear.

I ask Sherlock to go gather our things while I go close out my tab. Afterwards, we join the crowd of people leaving the club. The air outside is bitter cold, but we're both so hot from our evening that we don't bother putting our removed articles of clothing back on. There's a long line waiting for cabs.

"Sherlock," I exclaim, though my speech isn't very articulate. "Let's just take the Tube."

"Okay, there's one..." He looks around and does a couple circles in place, then points down the street. "This way," he finishes. It looks like Sherlock is tipsy as well. As we walk down the street, I begin humming one of the salsa songs we heard, and we both salsa our way to the Tube station.

After a lot of laughter and a little confusion about which train to get on (Sherlock really must be intoxicated if he's struggling to read the Tube map), we finally make it to 221B Baker Street. He struggles to get his key in the lock, but he eventually opens the door and we enter the building.

We stumble up the stairs, accompanied by more laughter. When we reach the second floor, Sherlock turns into the kitchen and heads towards his room. "Hey!" I call after him. No response. "Hey!" I yell louder. He pokes his head around the corner with an annoyed look on his face. "Aren't you going to thank me for a lovely evening?" I ask, slurring my words.

"And why would I do that?" he replies, also slurring his speech.

"Maybe because you did have a lovely evening?"