Trial 1

We head down one path lined with large Willow trees. I look over at the guard to see him nervously looking around.

"Do you think something will jump out at us?" He whimpers.

"Maybe." I shrug, thinking Sheogorath would be a bit more clever than that.

My words make the guard even more nervous, as I hear him mutter; "My cousin's out fighting dragons, and what to I get?: walking down a creepy path, in a daedra's mind-"

"Actually, as I told you before; this is your mind." Sheogorath's voice echoes around us.

"Oh." The guard sighs.

"Yeah... You have a weird mind..." He chuckles. "Oh and that reminds me; you are heading towards the first trial which is... getting to admit your past to our little friend, Y/N!"

"Noooo." The guard pouts but continues to follow me until we reach a plain grassy spot of land, with a little boy, about 8, and a man who looked like he is the little boys father. Both of them had dark brown hair, and they sat down on the grass looking at each other, laughing.

"The first trail- well I don't know if it's really a trail- but it's your childhood!" Sheogorath explains.

"That's you?" I smile as I look at the little boy.

"Yes..."  The guard mutters.

"I will be the best adventurer that Skyrim has ever seen!" The little boy yells as he stand up and picks up a wooden sword that he had left on the ground. "I'll be a hero, and save a princess!"

"Wow!" The father laughs, "you better get practicing on your combat, son!"

"I practice on the dummy you made me, but I plan to start practicing on the chicken, then I'll advance to the dog, then to you!" The boy grins as he waves around his sword.

"How about you stick with the dummy for awhile, okay?"

The boy sighs, then smiles, "Okay, dad."

"Good. Now let's get going back home. We don't want your mother to get worried." The father says as he stands up and holds onto the boys hand as they begin to walk away from us, but then someone shouts from behind them, and stops the two in their tracks.

I can immediately tell they are bandits but their haggard appearance, and the careless gleam in their eyes. The four bandits had their weapons out, and the man in front began to yell at the little boy.

"Hey kid! That's a nice amulet of Talos you got there!"

The boy's father steps in front of him, and draws a steel sword.

"Yeah what's in that thing? Looks to me like rubies, and emeralds!" A girl sneers.

"No! You can't have it!" The little boy yells as he points the wooden sword at them. "It's mine!"

"Leave us alone." The man father said, which just made the bandits giggle.

"Is that it? Come on boys, let's get what we came for!" The man orders and the other three bandits charge at the man, and boy.

"Leave my dad alone you do-do head!" The little boy screams as he runs in front of his father and hits one of the bandits square in the nose, causing all of them to stop for a moment.

"Kill the father, and take the boy."

"Not on my watch! I am the most fearless adventurer in all of Skyrim!" The little boy yells as his father grabs him and looks at him.

"Run." He whispers.

"No!" The little boy shakes his head.

The bandits make quick work of the boys dad right in front of him.

"Dad!" The little boy falls down and cries. "It'll be okay I'll call for mom, and she can heal it up. Say you've been through worse, like you always do!" One of the male bandits, looks away in shame, but the others watch like vultures.

"Come with us, boy." The head bandit says, as two of the other bandits quickly pin down the little boy, and force him to swallow something out of a blue bottle.

The boy tries to struggle against the bandits, but then falls unconscious.

I hear a small sniffle from behind me to see the guard with his head hung low.

"A troubled past, but you must keep watching to get through to the next trail." Sheogorath reminds us.

"I can't Y/N." The guard mutters.

I look towards him with sorrowful eyes. "You can. Remember, you are my fearless adventurer. You are my guard, and I need you to do this with me; and no offense but, I don't want to be stuck in your mind for all of eternity."

He looks up and nods, then looks forward to see the scene has changed to the boy a bit older, and one of the bandits from before standing in a dimly lit room, sitting next to each other.

"Let the next part of the trail begin~"