Burned

It was quiet after that. Too quiet.

Louis was smug, Harry was a squirming mess, and Fionn... still dumfounded.

Fionn raised his hand and awkwardly laughed, "Uh okay.. well I have to head to the admissions office to make sure they've got me settled in and all."

Harry suddenly said, "I'll catch you later?"

Louis scanned them both and rolled his eyes at the exchange of goodbye hand-waves.

After Fionn left, Harry picked up his stuff, not acknowledging Louis.

"Where are we going?" Louis asked, walking behind Harry who was still ignoring him. He could feel Harry rolling his eyes.

"Harry," Louis was trying to talk to the boy.

"Harry," Louis said again with agitation in his voice.

"Harr-" Louis began to say, but without noticing, he realizes that they're at their dorm's door.

Harry goes in and throws his stuff on his bed, finding Louis closing the door.

"Why did you say that?" Harry whispers.

Louis stood there, now that he really got Harry's attention, he didn't really know what to say.

"I-"

"Saying things like I don't care about you or inferring what I do isn't enough... and t-then saying you're my boyfriend. What's gotten into you?" Harry looks at him.

"I've always been like this, but," Louis paused.

"But what, Louis?"

"You're here." Louis replied, "You make me think so reckless. You make me just so.. ugh--- I can't explain---and I have never met someone like you. I just.. I feel like you're slipping trough my fingers because I'm...me."

Harry's eyes soften, "Louis.. because you're you.. I like you."

Louis steps closer to him, to where he is straight in Harry's face. He doesn't say anything.

Harry gives him his favorite green eyes, "And I make you think reckless?" His eyes even twinkle under the light of Louis' sky eyes.

Louis stares at his pink lips, "Yeah."

Harry mirrors him then looks back up.

Louis then whispers, "What about that date?" He pleaded, "Please?"

After hearing Louis' earlier explanation, Harry couldn't deny it. Couldn't deny him.

-

Later that night, after much convincing, Louis and Harry found themselves in a park. Harry wanted to take a break from public rendezvouses. Thus, he wasn't really uncomfortable when there was only an old couple and two runners minding their business.

Louis set up two covers on the grass and pulled out his backpack to bring out the cliche sandwiches and chocolate muffins.

Harry picked on his pink lace gloves while Louis set up.

Once Louis got everything ready, he gestured to Harry to enjoy himself. They ate in silence and began to move their attention to the sky where it was getting darker and the stars came out to play.

After eating, they just lay there, staring up the sky.

The date was what Harry expected: Calm, not too much, and a Louis. The date wasn't what Louis expecting: Quiet, outside, and most of all-- Harry actually accepting it. He was glad though because although talks a lot, when it comes to Harry, there's no games. No.. not with his Harry.

They're about a centimeters away, but Louis decides to scoot closer and break the distance. Harry softly gasps because he didn't expect that.

They're right next to each other. Clothes to clothes. Being to being. Air to air.

Harry was suffocating, but at the same time...he was floating.

Louis' arms sneaks around Harry without touching his delicate neck.

It makes Harry mentally scream. Why can't he just touch him? He's still so scared but Louis.. Louis was breaking him in the best way. He realized something that slowly.. Louis was peeling his skin. Thin sheets of fear and insecurity were dissipating away all from the heroic hands of the punk boy. He was replacing Harry's old bandages with invisible kisses that Harry wished were physical. There. In the real space.. not in dreams or in his imaginations.

Is this a dream?

Am I just overreacting?

"Do you feel safe when you're with me?" Louis whispered, cracking Harry's vivid thoughts.

Harry turned to look up at Louis who looked down back at green wonders. Harry replied, "Yes."

Louis smiled and he was still staring down at Harry, making Harry squirm. These days, that's all he did: squirm.

"I'm so fucking glad I met you Harry Styles," Louis grinned. Harry's heart cried... sending nerves to his eyes to water. Louis was just there confessing something so pure, so right. It was portrait honestly. Louis gleaming down irreplaceable eyes with the dark field with white stars in the background. He suddenly had the urge to...

"Kiss me," Harry said suddenly.

"But I don't thi-"

That's when Harry did he didn't think he would ever do. Maybe it was the moment, out of the spur of just bliss and wonder. Or maybe it was just Louis and his heart making Harry's heart hide in shame. But maybe it was love. Yeah, that word. Harry did the unthinkable. He proved all of them wrong. Himself even.

Harry placed his lips on Louis.

It burned.

It burned.

His lips were screaming pleas to stop but his heart was finally there with him.