Hogwarts Express: Year 1/Summer

Start from the beginning

"You've already seen him, Ginny, and the poor boy isn't something you goggle at in a zoo. Is he really Fred? How do you know?"

"Asked him. Saw his scar, It's really there, like lightning."

"Poor dear, he was ever so polite when he asked how to get on the platform, even letting his friend go first!"

"Never mind that, do you think he remembers what You-Know-Who looks like?" Amisty sent another confused look at Harry, earning yet another 'I'll tell you later look'

This was getting out of hand.

"I forbid you to ask him, Fred. No, don't you dare. As though he needs reminding of that on his first day at school," Their mother replied, her tone shifting to more stern.

"All right, keep your hair on," The trains whistle sounded, making Amisty wince at how loud it was.

The harsh noise echoed in her ears, echoing.

"Hurry up!" Their mother exclaimed, ushering them off.

The boys raced onto the train. They leaned out of the window, and Amisty saw her mother kiss them good-bye, and their younger sister began to cry.

Amisty's heart wrenched as she saw the little girl crying. She wanted to run down there and comfort her, but the train already started to move.

The girl ran up with the train, keeping pace until it had sped up too much. She stopped running, waving instead.

Amisty peered out the window, watching the train station vanish from her view as the train rounded the corner. Soon enough houses were flashing by, blurring more and more as the train sped up. The door of the compartment slid open, revealing the youngest boy from the family of redheads.

"Anyone sitting there? Everywhere else is full," He asked Harry.

He shook his head, and the boy slumped down into the seat.

The boy sent a glance in the green-eyed boys direction, before quickly looking away, Amisty was beyond confused and frustrated.

"Hey, Ron!" Two voices chorused, it was those same twins.

Amisty jolted slightly, before smiling at the boys kindly.

The two grinned back, one turned to the who she assumed was Ron, "Listen, we're going down to the middle of the train, Lee Jordan's got a giant tarantula down there,"

"Right," Ron muttered.

"Harry," The other twin turned his head to face him, "did we introduce ourselves? Fred and George Weasley. And this is Ron, our brother. What's your name?" Everyone turned to look at Amisty.

"Amisty River," She replied, holding out her hand to shake.

The twins both gave her a dramatic handshake, mischievous grins on their faces.

"Well, see you later. Amisty, Harry," They dipped their heads and shut the door.

"Are you really Harry Potter?" Ron asked out of the blue.

'Here we go again' she thought, rolling her eyes.

She stared out the compartment window, thinking about what Hogwarts would be like. How would she learn anything? Would the classes be difficult? Worries and thoughts flooded her mind until a loud clattering noise reached her ears.

The boys glanced over at her in concern before continuing their conversation. Amisty clamped her hands over her ears as the clattering got to an almost deafening level of noise.