Amisty's Wand: Year 1/Summer

Start from the beginning

When Harry raised his hand above his head, and brought it rushing down, sparks of gold and red shot out of the end, sparkling and sending dots of light across the walls. Amisty and Hagrid cheered, while Mr.Ollivander cried,

"Oh, bravo! Yes, indeed, oh, very good. Well, well well... how curious... how very curious..." He put Harry's wand into a box, all the while muttering something Amisty couldn't catch.

"Sorry, but what's curious?" Harry asked.

That must've been what the wandmaker was mumbling.

"I remember every wand I've ever sold, Mr. Potter. Every single wand. It so happens that the phoenix whose tail feather is in your wand, gave another feather -- just one other. IT is very curious indeed that you should be destined for this wand when its brother -- why, its brother gave you that scar." Mr. Ollivander explained, his peculiar eyes focusing on Harry's forehead.

That's when Amisty noticed the faint lighting shaped cut on her friend's forehead. She sent him yet another questioning glance, which was quickly returned with another, I'll explain later.

"Yes, thirteen-and-a-half inches. Yew. Curious indeed how these things happen. The wand chooses the wizard, remember... I think we must expect great things from you, Mr. Potter... After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things -- terrible, yes, but great." He continued, his dark tone unsettling the two.

"Now Amisty, your turn." Mr. Ollivander turned away from Harry, who was clearly shocked.

His voice quickly switched to the same airy, mysterious sound it was before.

He handed her a wand, "Oak and dragon heartstring, seven and three-quarter inches, flamboyant, try this out," Amisty waved it around hopefully, only to have it snatched away from Mr. Ollivander.

"No, that won't do, try this one, redwood and phoenix feather six inches, spongy," She took the wand in her hand and waved it around, again being snatched away by Mr. Ollivander.

"Ah, here we go, birch and unicorn hair, nine and a half inches, gentle," Amisty sighed, thinking she would have to go through the same tiring process of Harry, but when she took the wand, her heart felt like it was glowing.

She waved it around in a spiral, and a white swirling mix, dotted with grey paw prints, wreathed around her.

"Amazing, amazing!" Mr. Ollivander exclaimed.

That's when Amisty's vision went cloudy, and she felt her body hit the floor as her eyes fluttered closed.

When Amisty woke up, Harry, Hagrid, and Mr. Ollivander stood over her, their eyes flooded with worry.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked, holding out his hand to help Amisty up.

"I'm fine," she replied steadily, gladly taking Harry's hand. "How long was I out?"

"Only a few seconds," Harry replied, his brow creased with concern. "Why?"

"Nothing, I just thought, nevermind. Do you know why that happened?" She asked, looking at Mr. Ollivander.

The man shook his head, "This has never happened to me before, it seems as though your wand had drawn power from something else other than yourself. By any chance do you happen to be an animagus?" he asked.

"An animagus?" Amisty questioned, confused.

"Interesting, interesting. Well, I'm terribly sorry that this happened to you, Amisty," Mr. Ollivander dipped his head apologetically.

"It's okay, really," Amisty smiled, digging into her pockets to pay for her wand.

Mr. Ollivander waved his hand away, "No, dear, don't bother, it was my pleasure," He insisted, before disappearing in the back of the shop.