Chapter Seven

The blinding sun streamed through every window of the perfect white house. The group slept peacefully inside, dreaming of things not possible in reality. 
Sasha was the only one awake, which was mostly a lie since she was half asleep on the front porch. The sink in the kitchen dripped slowly, the pipes breaking loose. 
The scarce amount of robins that survived chirped beautifully to their mates. 

Almost nothing could disturb this peaceful morning. Almost nothing.

A walker had broken through the back door, causing glass to hit the carpet. The carpet absorbed the sound, and the walker shuffled through silently. 
Beth was asleep on the couch, sinking deeper into the cushion with every breath.
The walker made its way into the kitchen, a room before where Beth slept peacefully. The walker got caught on a sharp corner, tearing nearly its entire shirt in half, along with some skin. It growled a little too softly, no one hearing its existence. 
The walker shuffled towards the living room, growling increased as it noticed Beth. Its feet moved so quickly, that the walker tripped over its own ankles, hitting the arm of the couch with force. Beth’s brain removed itself from sleep, opening her eyes slowly, then all at once.
Her scream could not have been any louder.

Everyone’s slumber was disturbed by the shriek of a girl in danger. Each person shot out of bed, grabbing their weapons, and running downstairs.
Beth had already jumped up, searching frantically for her knife as the walker approached her. 
Sasha was moving fast, but fell face forward as a result of drowsiness.
Out of adrenaline, Beth grabbed a glass table, smashing it into the walkers head as it was about to take a chunk out of her neck. The walker hit the floor, spitting out black blood. She picked up a piece of glass with her bare hands, and smashed it into the forehead of the walker, causing thick blood to cover her face. 
Rick, and the rest of the group, flew into the room right when the walker spat out its last breath. 

“Beth?” Rick spoke shakily. Daryl was already at Beth’s side, holding up her hand. Blood poured from her palm, streaming down her arm. “I’m okay” Her voice almost unrecognizable. Daryl was the last face she saw before blacking out.