Chapter Four

Daryl was awaken by the sound of his own snoring. He sleepily sat up in his bed, pushing hair out of his face and rubbing his eyes as he yawned. Rosita was the one to take shift after Daryl, he didn't even remember going to bed.
Daryl lazily walked towards the kitchen, hearing the murmurs of others. "I think we should stop" Abraham's ruff voice wasn't too bad to recognize.
"We aren't gonna find anyone soon" His voice again, this time making Daryl angry. They were talking about the search.
Daryl walked into the room like nothing happened, sitting on one of the wooden chairs around a huge table. Rick set down a bowl of something, well, nasty in front of him. "I ain't eatin' that" Daryl gagged internally, looking at the gooey mess. He stuck his tongue out at Carl, making him chuckle.
"I'll go huntin' today" Daryl stood, no longer wanting to be in the room of traders.
How could they give up on the search? And so quickly.

Daryl walked outside, the light blinding his eyes. He made his way into the forest, realizing that it might be too late to hunt. He shrugged it off, thinking he could catch a couple squirrels.
Daryl passed a couple walkers, making sure not to cause any noise. He honestly didn't feel like being in danger anytime soon.
He noticed a squirrel, crawling up a tree. He raised his crossbow, waited till he a had a clear shot, and took it. The squirrel was impaled, and Daryl had his first catch.

After a few dozen squirrels, he decided to head back. He followed his foot prints back the way he came, shuffling over them.
Daryl's mind wandered into dark places as he walked. What if Beth was dead? What if she was a walker, waiting to take out a chunk of his neck? Daryl stopped walking, putting his head in his hands. 

Maybe If I let her help me with killing the walkers? What if- No, she would have been injured, or bit. But maybe she wouldn't. Maybe she could still be here. 

Daryl shook his head, along with the thoughts.
Walking for so long thinking caused him to lose sight of where he was going. He sighed, beginning to back track. Daryl noticed a barn, a couple miles away. The barn of course reminded him of a certain blonde.
Some gravitational force pushed him to walk towards the barn. It was like his body was moving, and he had no control. As he approached the shit hole he decided not to go inside. He didn't want to encounter a group of walkers.

Daryl eventually made his way back to the house, squirrels in hand.

"Ready for the search?"  Rick asked as Daryl and Abraham were cleaning the squirrels. I just went out, Daryl thought, but nodded his head in agreement.
A couple people from the group were going guard the house. Glenn and Maggie would go back to where they started. Abraham would go with Rosita. Daryl and Rick would go into the forest.

Abraham huffed several times before Rosita spoke up. "Problem?" She adjusted the grip on her gun. They were searching the roads for the missing people. "Shitty we gotta do this" He shrugged, not really paying attention to where they were going.
"Whatcha mean?" She stopped him by his arm.
"These people are long gone" He shrugged once more. "The group got to realize that"
Before they both could react, a body flew at them. Rosita was knocked onto her back and the body remained on her, breathing heavily. She grunted and flipped it over, straddling the body as she drew her knife. "Stop! Don't hurt me please!" The body came to life as it spoke.
Rosita blinked twice. The body she was straddling was a girl.
A blonde hair, blue eyed girl.
Beth struggled underneath the woman. "Please" She repeated, almost a whisper. Rosita got off of her quickly, blocking Abraham from drawing his gun. Beth stood up, brushing herself off. "Ya'll better leave, herd of walkers that way" Her accent thick as she pointed from the direction she body slammed into them.
They both nodded, turning around. Rosita stopped and looked back at the doe eyed girl. "Come back with us"
"Rosita" Abraham nudged her shoulder.
"She's young, Abraham, we can't just leave her"
Beth looked between the two strangers bickering. Beth's eyes widened as she realized the man was the same from the one in the house. "I'm fine, really" 
"Look girly, we have a nice camp set up. And as you said, a herd is coming, you need our help" Rosita crossed her arms.
Beth looked behind her uncomfortably. She was right, she needed some where to stay while the herd passed, she couldn't run in circles. At least for now.
"Okay, lets go" Beth agreed.