Harry Styles One Shot - One Spring Afternoon

“Are you going to Manchester too?” Hallerry asked again.

“Yes, little miss.”

“Do you live there?”

“Yes.”

“But how come it is my first time seeing you?” She pouted her lips and shifted her gaze on the outside.

“Because I was on duty these past eight years.” He answered briefly.

“Oh, I see.” The little girl faced the front and silenced herself for a while. She was getting something from her bag.

“Cookies, Mister?” she offered. He nodded and picked one. They munched quietly.

The bus was four hundred meters away from Manchester when the girl spoke up.

“Are you married, Mr. Harry?” the question brought aches all over his heart.

“No. Why?” he looked at the girl who was fiddling her little fingers.

“Nothing.” Hallerry slightly smiled then reached for his lap. There she laid her little head and drifted into sleep. He looked at the peaceful face of the girl then her beautiful face appeared on his mind. For eight years, he prepared himself not to be disappointed by the fact that she found another man and got married. He prepared himself not to be hurt, and not to be haunted by the past.

“We’re here!” Harry gently shook the girl’s shoulder. Her cute eyes fluttered open and she met his. He suddenly felt—weird—but in a good way. The girl stood up and excitedly ran towards the door. He followed her as she ran towards the hill. When the girl looked back, she was surprised.

“Why are you following me, Mr. Styles? Aren’t you going home to your parents?” she asked.

“I will later. But for now, I’ll go somewhere secret and we have the same path.” He said as he walked beside her. She suddenly took his hand and gripped it tightly. He looked at the little girl who was now smiling from ear to ear.

“My mom phoned me last night and told me she’ll meet me in our secret place. And aside from that, I’m pretty sure she’s doing her ritual again.” She said in just one breath.

Harry’s heart was pumping really fast as they were fast approaching the top of the hill. He knew that place by heart. It was just, he couldn’t accept the fact that someone had finally found their favorite place. Harry squinted his eyes as he stared unbelievingly at the big tree ten yards away from them. Its green leaves were now hidden because of the yellow ribbons tied in every branch.

“My mom hangs yellow ribbons on that tree every day for eight years. I don’t know the reason why but I heard it has something to do with her first love.” The little girl looked at him. He had heard enough. He was certainly sure his speculation was true.

“What’s your mother’s name, Hallerry?” he asked while hoping and praying on his mind.

“Her name is…”

“Hallerry!” a familiar voice sounded on the background. It took the both of them by surprise. They both turned around, only to find out a petite woman, on her late 20’s running towards them. Her long and brunette hair was fluttering in the air. The afternoon light made her face glow. Hallerry waved her hand as high as it could possibly be, but he gasped in disbelief. The woman suddenly came to a stop. She was looking at him intently, as if she had forgotten something and recalling what it was.

The time seemed to stop. No one was moving. Nothing could be heard for a good two minutes except from the crackling sound the leaves were making as they crash to each other.