Chapter 19 - [Birth]

Start from the beginning

       I stopped walking and looked at her. "Absolutely not."

       "No soldier would dare to hurt you while I'm there," she said.

       "I'd disagree–"

       "For starters, if I join you, there will always be someone by your side. Soldiers will not take the risk when they know the prince's beloved cousin is near by. Boman would get some extra help"

       "They could kill you too."

       "And risk dealing with my father, I think not?"

       "You're over simplifying things–"

       "Well I don't care what you think, I'm coming."

       "Tabia–"

       She was already rushing off before I could continue.

       I wanted to yell at her, but at the same time I did think that her being there would be good... at the very least to keep things interesting. Despite the risk, I truly did believe that Boman's presence would keep the two of us safe.

       And arguing with Tabia was utterly useless. So to save time, I went straight to my room and began preparing for my trip.

       My brother was not pleased with the fact that I was leaving. Like Tabia, he was also worried that I was in danger. But unlike Tabia, I wasn't going to let him come with us... not a chance.

       So he continued to complain... even while I prepared Neshny the next day to take the trip. I told him a hundred times that he wasn't allowed to come, so at this point, I had chosen to ignore him.

       But my annoyance grew three fold when I heard Tabia's high-pitched voice this early in the morning. When I turned to face her, however, I felt my heart stop.

       Beside her, holding a small a small box of her things, was Chione.

- Chione -

       Arius did not look pleased to see me. I had a feeling this would be the case but I didn't think he'd look that mad.

       He marched over to us, "what are you doing here?"

       "I brought her," Tabia said before I could speak.

       "No," he said. "She's not coming."

       "A woman like me needs all the help I can get," Tabia responded.

       I sighed as the two began arguing.

       When Tabia came to me, I knew this was a bad idea. I had told her that I didn't want to come but she basically forced me to. I knew Arius wouldn't be happy with that.

       To be honest, I knew I didn't really have a say in any of this, so I just stayed quiet and let them argue it out.

       From the looks of the argument, it seemed that Tabia was winning.

       But the argument came to a quick stop when the frightening looking man known as Lord Boman walked out into the grounds.

       Tabia turned to me with a smile as Arius marched away, "I won."

       I sighed once more.

       I had no idea where we were going, and I had no idea for how long... all I knew was that Tabia wanted me to come with her and Arius didn't.