Our Little Secret (Draco Malfoy)

Start from the beginning

"It's the truth," he defended sharply, narrowing his eyes at me as he stepped between my legs. "Clearly, I missed you more than you missed me, Potter."

"Do you expect me to contradict your words?"

He raised an eyebrow at my words, drawing back with an incredulous chuckle, "You've been learning how to play hard to get."

"Well we can't have you getting bored, now can we?"

"Never." Reaching towards me, he pressed his hands against the table on either side of my hips.

"Ok, lover boy," I muttered, pushing at his shoulder but he didn't move away from me.

Instead he leaned closer to me to kiss me. By the time we pulled away, we were grinning and my hands had made their way into his hair, ruining his usually immaculate hair. Not that he cared. Untangling my fingers from his hair, I made a slight effort to fix it before giving up. His hands which had found themselves resting on my waist, squeezed me once before returned to the table top.

"If only you weren't a Potter," he said part teasing, part serious as he pressed his forehead to mine, "we could have told everyone about this a long time ago."

"If you weren't a Malfoy," I returned, only slightly teasing, "we'd have been able to tell everyone. But we can't. Harry would kill you."

"I'm not scared of your brother," he snorted before adding thoughtfully, "No doubt Snape would have a fit if he ever found out."

"Well I can bet you that Dumbledore would support us." Draco rolled his eyes at my words, "He would - he'd probably see us as a prime example of interhouse unity or something."

"Especially between Slytherin and Gryffindor." Looking down at his watch, Draco drew away from me with a sigh, "Curfew will begin soon."

"I should get going," I murmured with a frown, waiting for him to move away from me so I could leave. He didn't budge and remained standing stubbornly where he was. "Draco."

"I'm a prefect," he said lowly, pressing another quick kiss to my lips. "I can be out after curfew."

"Well I can't."

"I'll walk you back to your common room," he offered, removing his arms from around me so I could jump down from where I was sat.

"Like that wouldn't be suspicious." Rolling my eyes, I headed towards the door. "Besides, I doubt Umbridge would like the leader of her Inquisitorial Squad to be seen with Harry Potter's little sister."

I heard him sigh from behind me, my words cutting a little deeper than I had intended to. But I couldn't take them back.

"Hogsmeade is coming up this weekend," he reminded me quietly, coming up from behind me, "do you think you'd be able to sneak away from your friends for a little bit?"

"I'll try."

**********

When I had returned from my meeting with Draco, it was just before curfew and I had settled onto the sofa beside Ginny as she spoke to Neville. The pair briefly acknowledged my presence and I joined in with their conversation, thankful that no one had caught me with Draco. Merlin, keeping this secret was extremely difficult.

The next morning when I woke up, I was running late. I hurried to dress and went to rush out of the dorm when Ginny stepped in my way, blocking the door. Giving her a curious look, I tied my hair into a ponytail and waited for her to speak like I knew she eventually would.

"You have a boyfriend, don't you?" she demanded suddenly, startling me. My eyes widened and I cleared my throat, not sure how to progress. I'd never even thought that I'd get caught. Ginny grinned at my sudden silence before speaking excitedly. "I knew it! You've been acting suspiciously. So, who is it?"