Past (3)

Kaori's POV

"Mom, who is that girl?" I asked, titling my head to one side.

"Oh, this is Minami Yuki. I found her by the alleyway. She'll be staying with us for awhile. Is that alright with you?" My mom said.

"Sure! I always wanted a sister!" 

"Yuki-chan, this is my daughter, Akimura Kaori. Say 'hi'." My mom said as she pat Yu-chan head. That's right, I am gonna call her Yu-chan.

"H-hello, Kaori-san..." she said.

She's so cute!

"Drop the formalities Yu-chan! Just call me Kaori!" I exclaimed.

She just looked at me. And I was waiting for her to call me something cute. I'm not a narcissist.

"Kaori." She said with her blank expression. She just said what I told her too... -_-

"Okay~ It's alright for me to call you Yu-chan right?"

She nodded her head.

"Well then. Welcome to the Akimura Household, Yuki-chan." Mom smiled.

"Thank you."

Yuki's POV

A home. Something I haven't had for a long time. Sigh.... Is it a good thing or a bad thing? I wonder... At least I have a place to stay. 

"ki-sama... Yuki-sama..." As I was zoning out, someone was calling my name.

I looked up and I saw a butler who had a worried look written on his face

I looked up and I saw a butler who had a worried look written on his face. Why is he so worried?

"Are you alright, Yuki-sama?" He asked.

I nod.

"That's good. Follow me, I'll show you your room." He smiled at me and lead me to my new room. A smile that I've never seen how such a long time. A warm and kind smile.

We arrived at the front door of my room. The butler opened the door for me and I was surprised but I didn't show it out. It had one large king sized bed next to the big windows. The carpet was red in color and the wall was golden-yellow. There's a hairdresser, a study desk and a large closet. 

There's two big bookshelves too. I can't wait to read all of the books.

"This will be your room from now on, Yuki-sama." said the butler.

I nod.

I went to sat on my bed. Flop! It was comfortable.

Then, silence. The butler was just standing by the door, giving a slight smile.

"Um..." I started.

"Yes?"

"Name...?"

"Oh! I'm Shin. I'll be your personal butler from now on." He introduced himself as Shin.

Personal butler...? Wow... Never had one.

I nod my head.

"I'll be in your care then, Shin." I said as I bowed slightly to him.

"Very well, Yuki-sama." He bowed a 90 degrees to me. 

Is that necessary? 

"Yuki."

Shin titled his head, seeming confused.

"Call me Yuki. No formalities." I said.

He shook his head. "It is my job to respect you, Yuki-sama." 

"Sigh... Okay." 

Well, I guess this is the first time I've spoke a lot to someone. Maybe I'll be able to get along well in this family.