Chapter 8

"What?" I whispered, paralysed, "why?"

"It would have been too dangerous to bring into this world,"

"It could have saved millions of people! Why would you ever destroy it?"

"I.. I can't explain it, I can barely remember the reason for it, all I know is that I regret it. I have a wife and two kids. I don't want to leave them this early and I barely have a year left. If I could go back and change the past I would," Why had I been so daft!

"Seth, when exactly did you destroy it?"

"Ten years ago, in this exact lab," I searched in my bag for the button and typed in 3244.

"I'm going to fix all of this Dr. Maxfield, don't worry,"

"Isaac? How are you so dedicated in this? Do you have a sick relative?" He asked before I pressed the button.

"No, I have already lost someone to cancer, I'm doing it for everyone else in the world."

"Well that is very generous and brave of you," I gave him a nod of appreciation before I clicked and was back in my roller coaster seat, speeding backwards  in an unimaginable speed, then came the thud.

I opened my eyes to be standing outside of The Chandlers Facility, it was exactly the same. Inside was no longer the big empty room, there was no wall covering the long corridor of offices. Scientists were assisting people, showing them around and telling them about the big experiments that The Chandlers Facility was working on. 

"Can you tell us any news about the meteor that hit a few weeks ago, will it happen again?" a women asked a scientist anxiously.

"Well I.. actually don't know enough about that unfortunate event to tell you anything madame," a male scientists answered back in a strange way, as if he had revised it.

Later on, The Chandlers Facility will have closed off the corridor of the scientist's offices, probably because they got tired of people asking about the mysterious meteor.

A man with dark hair was showing kids how a light bulb worked, it was Dr. Maxfield. His face wasn't as pale as I last saw it to be and he was outgoing and rather loud. 

"Seth?" I said and regretted it immediately, why would I call him that!? It's not like he knows who I am.

"Hi mate! Do you want me to show you around?" He asked excitingly and didn't seem to notice that I called him by his first name.

"No, I was wondering about the meteor-"

"Sorry sir, I don't know enough information to tell you about that unfortunate event to tell you anything."

"Funny, the last guy told me the exact same words," He smiled slightly and walked away.

"Don't destroy it," I knew it was a huge risk but I figured that this whole journey was uneasy and fragile, so I said it.

He turned around sharply and his eyes wide open. He grabbed my arm aggressively, led me to his office and shut the door tightly, isolating us from the world.