Chapter Two

Chapter Two

It’s time to say goodbye to the world, I thought, I always knew it would end like this…

But I didn’t die, instead the weirdest thing I would have never thought happened. I sneezed. I felt the tightness in my chest slowly easing. I just sneezed, my mind wasn’t processing this very well... I thought it over in my head making sure; when humans sneezes, they first open their mouths... suck in air... and then exhale spewing out the germs.

I open my mouth wide and inhaled. I squeezed my eyes tight, scared of choking on the water, but I didn’t, I just felt the oddest feeling ever. It almost made me gag but I didn’t know where the water was going, all that I knew was something felt different inside my stomach. The water tasted salty, then I remembered to exhale. I watched as bubbles left my nose and bubbles left my mouth . It felt like breathing air but drinking water at the same time. I couldn’t understand what was happening, I didn’t know how to deal with all this.

How did I even do that? How am I breathing water?! I inhaled and exhaled again and again and again. It made my stomach twist up, I felt like puking at the first few tries. I still forced myself to breath in the water due to the fact that without air I'd probably die. Given how crazy things were going I could turn into a plant instead of dying or something. Anyways, however I was doing it didn't matter. Just being able to breath was all that was important.

At this point everything that was happening wasn’t registering into my head properly. It was like I zoned out of my body and I was watching this all happening to someone else though their eyes. My mind wouldn’t focus and nothing at this point was real anymore.  I don’t know how long I stayed like this, it just felt like forever. My eyes were glazed and I was doing and thinking of absolutely nothing, just floating in the water.

Suddenly something fell into the water like me. My mind didn’t make a full return, I still didn’t feel like my mind was alert, but I was seeing and hearing things and they went straight to the back of my mind, I wasn’t able to react to them. The thing further down than me. I saw bubbles in its path.

I could hear the nose of water moving around me and something started to rise up towards me. I didn't bother to frantically move to try to get away. I just really couldn’t. There was a person in front of me. My eyes began to dose off. Things were getting blurry and before I knew it I passed out.

~*~

I was breathing in the middle of an ocean and there was a handsome man with a worried expression on his face and then pitch black. That’s how swiftly my dream went.

I opened my eyes to see white sheet covers. I sighed in relief. All a bad nightmare, right? Only it felt half like a nightmare and half like reality, though deep down I knew that as much as I willed myself to believe it was a nightmare, it really was reality.

I didn’t want to get out of this bed. I knew I wasn’t in my room and these weren’t my bed sheets , mine smelt like the Tide laundry detergent Jane used, these smelt like hospital sheets. I would know what those smelt like. I wasn’t ready to face what was out there. But I knew I couldn’t spend forever hiding from the truth. Whatever the reality actually was over these covers I’d have to face it and I liked to believe I was a strong girl. I’ve been through enough to know how life felt when everything flipped upside down; I know what it’s like to never be the same.

~*~

I hope you like the story so far. I'll try to make the chapters longer. I think from this point onwards the chapters will be much more different than what they once were.

I really am trying to make some of it as realistic as I can ( therefore making it easier to relate to). But trust me, we're going to get all Si-Fi, and Romance ;) 

Questions? Comment, I'll get to them. 

V  C  F     :)

o  o  a

t   m  n

e  m

     e

     n

     t