chapter 5

PAIGE POV

I wake up early so that I could make breakfast for everyone. I still felt bad for my diva moment last night or this morning more like it. I don’t know what came over me. I prepared eggs, bacon, bagels, pancakes, grits, hash browns, and fruit salad; It practically looks like a buffet.

“I smell food.” Valley says yawning as she walked into the kitchen

“PAIGE! PAIGE! PAIGE! FOOD! FOOD! FOOD!” Cata says running up to Paige kissing her forehead after grabbing a plate of food.

“I hope you guys enjoy. I made this to apologize about last night. Sorry for my Diva moment.” I say

“It’s okay we all have our Diana Ross moments.” Valley said with a giggle before putting bacon onto her bagel.

“My diva moment comes once a month.” Cata said sarcastically adding ketchup to her hash browns.

Valley and I both laughed a little.

“So….. Paige?” Valley said

 “Yeah?” I nervously replied putting food on my plate sitting with the two of them.

“What was last night about? Did we offend you?” Valley asked

I knew this question was coming. Play it cool Paige. Play it cool.

“Oh no, you guys didn’t offend me; I just got a little jealous.” I say casually taking a bite at my pancake

“Do not look in their eyes.” I tell myself

“You’re a lesbian?” Cata

I love Cata but sometimes I felt she played the dumb role too well. “No! I wanted to be like that on Michael.” I say adding more fruit to the plate.

“So why didn’t you just join us?” Valley says like I’m an idiot

Sometimes I wondered why Valley and I were friends. She always acted spoiled and snobby. Now I’m pissed.

“Why didn’t I join? You want to know why, because I just couldn’t, I just couldn’t fucking do it!” I shouted with my fist slamming the table as I stood up.

Cata and Valley’s eyes widen followed by an awkward silence. I forgot to not look them in the eyes. Shit.

“Look I am horrible at expressing attraction. I mean let’s be honest girls we’ve known each other forever and how many guys have you seen me with. I can’t love people. I can’t even have a crush on people. I’m heartless. You guys are always going to do better than me because when it comes to boys I’m a loser. I probably am a lesbian and I didn’t even know it. I mean hello!? Have you seen how hot Michael is! I’m nearly soaked in my panties and that little son of a bitch looks like a girl!” I scream.

“Oh no!....” I thought to myself. “I’m losing my mind.”

Valley and Cata eyes are even wider than before, but the looks on their faces are so blank it’s almost like they weren’t paying attention to me.

“Hello!? Earth to Cata! Earth to Valley! Whitney HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM!” I yell at them.  

At once Cata and Valley point beyond me. I turn around and see Michael. He’s standing there with a vague look on his face.

“Michael I didn’t mean any of that!” I say with tears forming in my eyes.

“Follow me?” He asks with a smile.

I follow him and leave Cata and Valley at the table with blank looks.