Chapter Four

A sudden jolt of pain coursed through my body. What was he doing to me?
    "What's happening to me?" I asked in a voice, barely over a whisper.
    "I told you you're making your situation worse."
    I whimpered, the unexplainable pain racking my body in waves. The pain became so intense I began to see dots in front of my eyes.
    After what felt like an eternity, a bus came rolling down the old dirt road. The bus came to a stop with a deafening screech, but the man seemed unaffected by the horrendous sound.
    The bus doors swung upon slowly, in desperate need of an oil. I dared to look up, and I saw no bus driver.
    "Come on, we have somewhere we need to be." He effortlessly carried me over his shoulders. His thick boots made loud thuds as he made his way up the bus steps.
    I watched the bus driver's seat the entire time he was carrying me to the back of the bus.
    "Dude, where is the bus driver?" I said, more of a fearful statement than a question.
    "He's there. You just don't have the right... eyes to see him," the boy carefully responded.
    We reached the back of the bus, and once again he dropped me in a seat unmercifully.
    "No more questions. You brought this upon yourself," he blatantly said.
    Of course, I had a million more questions, but I was smart enough to stay quiet. The bus started rolling, and it must've been going barely five miles per hour. The man had been staring at me with those white eyes. Much like Reagan did.
    There is no easy way to say this. It started out as just a building. One second it wasn't there, and then it appeared. Next there was a barber's shop with a neon sign. Candy striped hoods over restaurants. Rusted motorcycles. They all just appeared, one by one. I stared in awe as they faded into existence. I looked at the man, but I instantly knew that that was a mistake.
    At the exact moment I looked at him, people started to appear. A woman cutting a man's hair stopped and turned slowly. She too stared at me, her eyes white and void of anything. And motorcyclist turned to me too, and looked at me outside the bus window, driving next to us.
    I looked around the bus, and now there were occupants sitting in every single seat, boring their un-human like eyes into me. The only place I couldn't see some sort of creepy person was in the bus driver's seat, so I settled my eyes there.
    I must've been just sitting my eyes there for so long, because eventually everything was starting to seem warped.
    The bus came to a sudden stop, right outside the freakiest looking building ever. It wasn't like haunted house scary, but more so old abandoned building scary.