Prolouge

Cage Harper.

A strong and fearless warrior, having inherited her grandmother's gift the young girl was forced to learn to protect her family. The FireBlood girl started training at the young age of five.

Her grandmother, Alana Fray knew that the young girl was going to be encountering some dangerous creatures, so she started to train Cage as soon as her gift started to make it's appearance. Alana trained the girl to master her flame while training her to fight.

Alana taught her granddaughter how to shoot guns and bows, but she focused her battle training on swords and knives, having given the girl her own dual katanas and a set of throwing knives at the age of nine. By ten Alana had given Cage her own set of pistols along with wolfsbane laced bullets.

Alana died before she could finish teaching her granddaughter about the supernatural and about her own heritage.

When Alana died she left behind a very heartbroken Cage. The girl was devastated with the loss of her grandmother, the only person she felt that really understood her, she felt angry at the world for taking her grandmother away.

Over the course of three years Cage had become closed off from everyone but her mother and father. She didn't want to feel the pain of losing someone close again so she disconnected from all her friends and made a vow to protect her family even if that meant sacrificing her own happiness. At thirteen Cage had given up everything so she could keep her mother and father safe.

But what was it all for when her mother overdosed on sleeping pills and drove off into the night only to crash and get stuck in a coma?

Adam Harper had been heartbroken when his wife was emitted to the hospital and it took everything in him not to just end it all to be with the woman he loved. He missed everything about his wife.  But he knew had to be okay for his baby girl. His only child, he needed to be there for the young girl. He knew that if he wasn't there for her then she wouldn't have anyone, that she would just let herself suffer, she already blames herself for her grandmother's death and her mother's accident.

But what if Cage finally manages to find people to care for? What if she finally finds people who try to break down her tough exterior? What if she finds friends who manage to break through her walls?

Will she survive to graduation or will she be swallowed by the flames?