home again

I woke up feeling like crap, nothing felt right, the hospital bed felt uncomfortable, and everything felt cold.

I shivered and Soul walked over to my bed, "you ok Maka?" I shook my head no, he put his hand on my forehead, "God you're burning up, let me go get Dr. Stine." he walked out of the room and it felt like forever before he came back. "Ahh Maka, what seems to be the problem?" "I think I'm sick." I managed to squeak out. "I see, well that's not too surprising, you did have a huge gash on your back, any number of parasites could have infected you." Soul was leaning on the wall looking discouraged, "so when will she be able to go home?" Stine glanced up at Soul, "today, she just needs to be bed ridin for a day or so." I was happy to hear I was going home today, I stretched out on my bed, "I'll get ready to go..." "What's to get ready?" soul looked confused, "I don't know, whatever needs to be ready." Soul smiled at my confusing rambling, "well there's nothing to get ready, do do you want to go now?" "yea..." "ok well I'll leave you two, bye." Stine walked out of the room and closed the door. I hoped of the bed and walked over to the door, "let's go home, I don't know how long I can stand to be like this..." Soul looked at me with a worried expression, then a smile, "piggy-back- ride?" I chuckled at the suggestion, "fine." he crouched on the ground and I put my arms around his neck, and add he stood up, I put my legs around his waist. we walked out of the room and down the hall, we got some odd looks on the way, but I didn't care. as we exited the hospital, we saw Kid, Liz, and Patty walking or way. Soul waved but quickly stopped as he felt my body slipping of his back. I waved at them and Patty liked like she was about to tackle is with a hug, but Liz restrained her. Kid walked up to is with a smile, "so Maka, are you feeling better?" I shook my head no and Soul explain for me, "Maka got some sort of infection in the wound on her back, and out made her sick." Kid nodded, "I see." I leaned my head on Soul's shoulder, as I did, Soul bounced me up so I wouldn't slip off his back, but leaving my boobs in an uncomfortable position. I leaned back, fixing my problem and leaning my head back on Soul. Kid looked at me then back at Soul, "do you need some help Soul?" Soul rolled his eyes, "No, I got this, I need to my motorcycle home anyways." Kid sighed as he looked at me, "Well I could take Maka in my car while you take your motorcycle home?" I could feel souls back tense, "no she'll be fine with me." And with that he walked away.  I could tell Soul was mad about the whole thing with Kid that happened awhile ago. when we got over to his bike he set me down, he hoped on and held out a hand for me to take. I took his had and he pulled me up on the bike like we had done hundreds of times before. the air was cold, then again it was early spring. he started up the bike and revved up the engine, he looked back at me and smiled, "hold on tight, it's a long trip back to death city from the hospital." great, a long trip. I wrapped my arms around Soul's waist and pulled closer to his body, God he was warm.

Souls P.O.V

I could feel Maka shivering behind me, and I couldn't understand how Kid had the nerve to ask me that. As we pulled onto the freeway, it started to rain. Shit, Shit, Shit. I can't let Maka get any sicker than she already is. I pulled over and put my foot down do we wouldn't fall, I took my coat off and handed it to Maka, she took it and thanked me. she wrapped her arms around my waist witch felt amazing and we started off again. the more she trembled the faster I went, not wanting her to get sick. I was going well over the speed limit, but nobody was on the road, I looked around for anything, but death city was surrounded with a large desert, do if there was anything to see, I would have seen it. (rain in the desert... work with me <3) as we approached death city I slowed down to the speed limit, not wanting to get pulled over. Maka's grip on my waist was becoming weaker and weaker. soon we were home and I hope off the bike and helped Maka off. at first I had just her arm over my shoulder, but after a moment, it was apparent that that wasn't going to work. so I put my hand under her leg and picked her up bridle style and got her inside. I took her into my room and layed her down on my bed, because for one it was nicer, and for two it was bigger. I realized her clothes were soaking wet, and she was in no shape to change herself. I can do this, I am not a pirve, she is my Myster and needs me. that struck a note in my head, 'she needs me.' I grabbed one of my shirts that was big and baggy, and some of my swear pants. I took off her shirt reveling her bra, I felt a nose bleed coming on, but I repeated in my head over and over, she needs me, she needs me. I helped her get the dry shirt on, now for the pants. the pants were difficult to get of because they were soaked. after a bit of wriggling them off, they came off. I put the sweat pants on her and she settled down into my bed. after watching her for a moment I realized I was exhausted and cuddled up next to Maka. she was too little for my clothes and she looked tiny in my bed, i wrapped my arms around her, hoping I was making her feel better and safer. she cuddled her face into my upper chest and smiled, "I love you Soul" she whispered as she feel asleep, I kissed her forehead and whispered, "yea, I love you too."

The next morning I woke up earlier than normal. I heard Maka breathing quietly and I stroked her hair, hoping it would calm her. I looked at the clock and noticed it was 5:00 am, I wiggled free of Makas sleeping grasp and walked into the kitchen to start some breakfast. I grabbed some pancake mix out of the cupboard, and got some bacon out of the fridge. I put the bacon on heart so I could blend the mix as it heated up. After making breakfast, I took some of the food and put it on a plate so Maka could eat it when she woke up, I covered the plate in tin foil and placed it in the fridge. I ate what was left and sat on the couch and began to watch television. An hour or so later I heard small footsteps coming out of my room, and I saw a rather disheveled looking Maka, rubbing her eyes looking for something. "hay Maka, what you lookin for?" I tried to use a voice that would sound comforting. she shuffled over to the couch and leaned on me, and after a minute she layed down so her head was in my lap. "Soul...?" Makas voice was soft, so I turned the tv off. "Yea?" I asked petting her hair like a kitten. "I smelled bacon... And pancakes earlier... It's there any left...?" her sentenced were staggered and she sounded tired, but at least she had an appetite. "Yea there is some food in the fridge from this morning." she stood up and walked toward the kitchen, I stood up and blocked her path, "no way in hell am I making you get your own breakfast." she looked up at me with tired eyes, she looked like she was about to protest when I picked her up and set her gently on the couch. "stay." She grabbed the blanket that was on the back of the couch and cuddled with it. she looked up at me and smiled as I walked into the kitchen and microwaved the breakfast I had made earlier. I took it out to Maka and she ate it slowly at first but quickened as she ate. "thanks for the breakfast." she said smiling. "Maka?" "yea?" "don't get chopped up again, makin me worry about you." I said pinching her check. Maka smacked my hand away and smirked. "Don't worry about me, I can protect myself." I patted her on the back and smiled. "Yea sure you can." with sarcasm dripping off my voice. Maka playfully punched me in the arm, and layed down. "if your going to sleep you can sleep in a bed you know." Maka sighed, "I don't wanna get up... out be alone... or-" I cut her off with a kiss before she could continue. I had to hold most of her upper body up, but that wasn't a problem, she was so light. I could feel a smile on Makas lips as I pulled away, I layed her head back in my lap and she looked back up at me smiling. I whispered in her ear, "you will never be alone." And with that I picked her up and returned her to my bed. I layed down next to her and let her cuddle next to me, and whispered, "and just to think, a couple of days ago you and I were just friends." Maka chuckled, "yea." soon I heard her breathing, indicating that she was sleeping. I didn't want to leave her side, knowing that if she woke up she would come find me, but at the same time, it was only noon. after awhile of laying looking at the ceiling I drifted off to sleep, knowing my Myster was safe beside me.