Chapter 3

Three

♞ Kat White ♞

"Honey, wake up"

I opened my eyes and saw my sister gently nudging my arm.

"It's time for school honey"

I answered her with a mumble and went to change my clothes.

Names, Kat White. I'm 8 years old. You already know my sister kris, right? Well, I'm her famous younger sibling! I know you know me. My sister never fails too introduce me. She's my BIG idol.

After changing to my plaited skirt and white polo top. I head for the kitchen to have breakfast.

"Kris! What are we having today?"

"Bread and Jam" She smiled, looking over from washing the dishes.

I smiled back and happily ate my food. I greeted my sister goodbye and dashed out to set for school.

then I remebered. "Kris! have you paid last month's rent yet?"

I took a peek and notice my sister's morning smile fade. That made me feel guilty. In one week's time we have to pay for another month's rent. And today? We have to go and pay for our electricity bills thats been piling up for the last 5 months.

Life's hard.

I say my goodbyes and left for school.

I know that the image you probably have of me is the innocent-dependent-8-year-old-type. Well, that's wrong. I'm pretty much independent like my sister!

In Saint Xander Middle School, I'm also a scholar like Kris. Unlike my sister whose born a genius, I have to work hard to have my grades like this. It's practically the only way I can help financially.

...

Okay, I can't lie.

Can you keep a secret?

Yup, I'm sure you can.

...

I'm a model.

...

Applause! yay!

Cool right? I was scouted 3 months ago. I agreed immediately when I heard that the monthly allowance is 2000 dollars.

A lot! I know!

Plus, I only work thrice a week at 2 hours. All you have to do is post for a few pictures and voila! Money!

Kris doesn't know about it. She'll definitely freak out if she did. Promise you won't tell her.

PROMISE!

End