twenty four

I shut the door behind me as I walked into my 'new room', put my bag on the floor and examined the place. It was kind of small and stuffed with furniture - the bed was placed in the corner of the room, and it didn't look very small to me so was delighted by that. I've always wanted a large bed. I immediately pictured myself sitting there, maybe reading or listening to music on rainy afternoons. My eyes darted to the walls, and just as I laid eyes on the dreadful posters - it was pictures of what I assume is some kind of famous singer, - I cringed. I already loved this room, despite the posters though, they've got to go.

My feet peeled across the room, and when I sat down on the bed, I felt a wave of tiredness wash over me. It was almost overwhelming, and just as I rested my head on the soft pillow I shut my eyes and drifted off into sleep.

-

My eyes opened and I sat up in my bed, confused, and kind of annoyed because someone has interrupted my sleep. I'd been waken up by a loud, yelling, female voice, probably coming from the other end of the corridor. I stood up from the bed and quietly made my way out into the corridor, searching for who could've caused that scream. The obnoxious noise made it's way into my ears again, making me pissed. Whoever is making this noise is going to pay for it.

As I walked by Niall's room, I heard some deep voices debating about something and I stopped to listen.

"We can't do that to her, it's too dangerous!"

"Don't be such a pussy. Let's just do it." Another, very detemined voice spoke.

"No! Please don't hurt me!" A woman pleaded, and my mind started to race. What the fuck is going on in there?

I rapped my knuckles against the door with my heart racing along with my mind.

The voices stopped talking, and everything was uncomfortably quiet, almost like someone paused the conversation.

"Hello?" I said quietly.

"Who the fuck is it?" I heard Niall's voice say.

"It's me."

I carefully opened he door to see Niall sitting shirtless in fornt of a computer in his bed, watching some kind of video, and I was happy to see that some kind of crazy shit wasn't happening in here as I thought.

"Oh." I let out, and was relieved. It was just some stupid TV show. "Turn that thing down, it woke me up." I crossed my arms and tried to look as determined as possible.

"You were sleeping?" Niall scoffed, sitting up in the bed.

"Of course I was! How come no one else cares for that obnoxious sound? I thought someone was hurt." I complained.

"Because no one else is trying to sleep, they're all awake, you see, it's only just past ten o'clock." Niall let out a quiet laugh and that familiar, cocky smirk took over his face. I wanted to rip it off his pretty, still utterly stupid face. Fucking attractive douchebag. He's just a silly little prick, why do I have to find him so alluring? Why can't he just be that rude asswipe whom I only hate, and not find captivating?

I rolled my eyes and sighed before I focused on the computer screen.

"What are you watching, anyway?" I asked, trying to sound pissed off but failed because I was somehow happy to see him.

"It's like a thriller drama kind of film, I don't know, I just put something on earlier because I was bored." He explained, mumbling, and shut his computer.

"You seem to get bored very easily." I said and leaned up against the door.

"Yeah," He took a deep breath and took his bottom lip between his teeth, his eyes focused on me.

Shit.

"I'm gonna.. go- I'm going to go back to sleep, then." I stammered and stepped out of his room, about to close the door but Niall's voice stopped me.

"Wait." Niall said and stood up from his bed, as I struggled not to look down his body - he was standing dressed in only a pair of jeans.

"What?"

"I'm going to continue watching that film, wanna stay and watch it with me?" He asked me, sounding confident and convincing, for some reason.

"No, I-"

"Come on Ella, I don't think the film is that scary." Niall smiled and sat himself down on the bed.

-

Thirty minutes into the film, I found myself lying down on my stomach next to him, clenching to the sheets, trying to somehow conceal and hide from the fact that someone was about to get killed in the film right before my eyes.

"But why would you come running down into a basement when you're aware of that the killer is down there?!" I questioned, my eyes resting on Niall's figure. "There's no way she'll make it out alive."

"Pure stupidity." Niall smirked.

"Agreed." I nodded shot him a satisfied smile and focused on the screen again.

"He's behind you!" I yelled, pointing at the screen. We rather delusional woman screamed and I almost jumped up from the bed. One moment later I found myself clenching to Niall's bicep.

His head turned to me and his piercing blue eyes met mine.

"Uhm, I.." I tried to look somewhere else but I couldn't, his eyes were so captivating and so wonderfully blue.

Niall's usual little smirk grew bigger and I let go of his inked, muscular arm.

"It's alright," he assured me. "I don't mind you touching me." Niall spoke in a low, dead sexy voice. I looked at him, my mind immediately coming up with various theories of what 'touching him' could mean, and it was clearly not just skin contact.

Just now, I noticed how close our lips were. They were so close that they were almost touching. My heart was racing in my chest, and I let out an uncontrolled, quiet whimper.
I felt this strange craving to kiss him, to press my lips against his, to feel his tounge to mine. To feel his hot, inked and tense skin against mine. I wanted to kiss him so terribly, I felt it in my whole body and deep down in my soul.

It was like he was magnetic and I'd been helplessly pulled into his forcefeild, unable and not really wanting to pull myself away. Niall's eyes examined my lips as he leaned in even further until they touched.
I craved his lips to badly, I wanted to feel him upon me but I knew I couldn't let myself, so I pulled away.

I can't trust guys. I can't trust Niall, I shouldn't trust him. But he is my friend, right? I don't know what is right or wrong anymore.

The second I pulled away, his eyes looked down in disappointment and he sighed.

"I, I'm sorry, Niall..." I said quietly and sat up in the bed. "It's just that I'm so terrified."

My words came out almost like a whisper as I ran my hand through my hair, and I myself, was disappointed.

"I get it, it's alright." He told me, but I knew he was lying, I could see it in his eyes. He really wanted to kiss me, too.

________________

(A/N): Here's the update you guys! What do you think? Please tell me and don't forget to vote, if you'd like of course, I work really hard on these chapters so it'd be great to get some kind of reward/feedback, lol. xx