3

Reed stood there admiring Earth for another minute before following the others into the observation room. As he entered the room he heard Sue say that they can monitor the cloud from the observation room.

"Is it safe?" Ben asked.

"The shield on the station should protect us" Reed said coming up behind Ben.

"Should?"

"What's the matter Ben? Eighty-million dollars worth of equipment not enough for you?" Doom replies.

Ben turns toward Doom looking like he wants to beat him up.

Reed cuts in saying "Let's start loading those samples. Get your suit ready, Ben."

Doom, keeping his eye on Ben, said "So you still do all the heavy lifting? Maybe you should have stayed back in the lab. Field work never suited you."

When Reed doesn't defend himself, Ben steps up "He does the talking. I do the walking. Got it?"

Doom nods and replies back "Got it. So take a walk, Ben...I'm going to borrow Susan for a second."

Natalie walks up to her brother and gently grabs his arm and pulls him towards her "C'mon Ben lets get your suit on." Natalie looks back and calls for Johnny.

Reed, Johnny and the Grimm siblings left Susan and Doom behind. Reed went into another part of the ship leaving the others to go get Ben's suit on.

"He's a jerk Ben, remember that. If you want to beat someone up, don't bother with Doom because he is not going to want you to destroy his pretty little face, However I give you permission to beat up Johnny." Natalie said, trying to cheer her big brother up. It worked.
Ben laughed.

"Hey." Johnny replied.

"Thanks Sis, but I think Johnny is ok for now. Go on back with Reed and help him with whatever he is doing while this numbskull and I go get my suit ready for the outside." Ben said with a smirk on his face.

Natalie nodded ok and kissed Ben on the cheek and then walked back to where Reed is.
As Ben and Johnny prepare for the space walk, Johnny asked Ben about Sue and Reed. "Please tell me your boss's not trying to rekindle things with my sister."

"'Course not, Strictly business."

"Yeah, well, his eyes say different." Said Johnny. 

"Hey, two hearts got busted last time. Maybe she's not over it either." Ben said.

"Let's see, you got Victor, stud of the year, more money than God? Or Reed, the world's dumbest smart guy worth less than a postage stamp. It's a toss-up".

"What about Nat?" Johnny asked his smile gone.

"What about her?"

"What was she like, after what happen?" Johnny asked

"You mean when she caught you in bed with another woman?" Johnny nodded "Well, She cried for weeks. She wouldn't eat or sleep and I had to pick up the pieces".

Johnny looked at Ben and pushed couple of buttons to activate the door. Changing the subject, Johnny said "Don't you wander off now, boy?"

Ben turned towards the starry sky and launched him self into space.

After shutting the door and pushing buttons to ensure that Ben will stay safe, Johnny leaned against the wall thinking about what had happened the night that broke their relationship.
Meanwhile, Sue and Doom were talking about Reed accepting his proposal.

"Surprised I agreed to Reed's proposal?"

"I understand the business reasons." Sue said

"Well, when you're looking at your future, it never hurts to find closure about the past."
Sue stares at Doom wondering what is going to happen.

"Susan, every man dreams that he'll meet some woman he can give the world to."
He presses a button and the observation deck's outer windows open up, revealing a spectacular, romantic view of the Earth.

"In my case, it's not just a metaphor."

While Sue stares out the window, Doom reaches into his pocket and revealing a black box. Sue turns around and her eyes widen at the sight of the box.

In a nearby room, Nat and Reed were monitoring the storm when Nat, who was looking at the computer screen, called out "Reed, Is this right?"

Reed turned his head towards Nat and what he sees makes him gasp. "This cannot be right. We should have seven hours before the clouds hit, not minutes."

Nat and Reed look at each other. "Ben!" Natalie said.

"C'mon" Reed said pulling Nat along with him. "You warn Ben and Johnny while I go warn Sue and Victor."

Nat nodded and started running while Reed went the other way.

Reed ran in and shouted out that they only had minutes not hours before the storm cloud hit.
"What!" Sue replied running up the stairs and confirming Reed's comment to Doom "Victor. Reed's right."

"Get a grip, Reed. We didn't come all this way to lose our nerve at the first little glitch. Just close the shields." Doom said.

"Ben's still out there"

"So reel him in. But we came here to do a job. So let's do it. Quickly." Doom said.
Natalie called out Johnny's name as she was running in the hallway. "Get Ben out! Get him out now!"

"What's going on?" Johnny said.

"The cloud is moving fast. We only have minutes." Natalie said, breathing hard. She banged on the window as Reed came up.

"Get him out of there, now!" Reed said.

"Ben! You need to come back now! Ben!" Johnny said.

"What do you want? I'm not done yet you-." Ben said.

"LOOK BEHIND YOU" Natalie and Reed screamed.

Ben turned around to see that a bright orange cloud was coming up behind him. He jumped and did a space swim back to the door. He managed to get there but he was too late as the cloud hit him, Ben propelled forwards, hitting the door. Reed and Nat had a look of horror on there face as they looked into Ben's eye and the cloud.

The cloud quickly pushed through Ben and hit the others. Reed seemed too stretched as if he was trying to get something that was out of his reach. Johnny exploded and he looked like he caught on fire. When it hit Nat the colour of the cloud seem to change to a watery blue and instead of sparks, the shooting lines seem to transform into raindrops. The cloud was still orange when it hit Sue. She began to fade away before she came back and some sort of bubble expanded behind her.

Then everything went black.