A Love So Strong---Good Beginnings

Start from the beginning

"Aunt Margaret! It's been so long! You've changed so much!", i said.

She laughed. "Oh thanks sweetie! And please call me Aunt Maggie from now on. Who's your cute little friend there?"

I looked over at Shane who began to smile. I rolled my eyes. "I'm Shane. Nice to meet you", he said while getting up from his chair to go and shake her hand.

Just then, my stomach started to growl. I laughed to myself.

"You hungry? Want me to go get you something from the hospital cafe?", he asked, looking concerned. I smiled. He was so sweet. Aunt Marga-Aunt Maggie will like him.

"Yes please", i said.

He nodded and closed the door behind him.

"Are you okay sweetheart?", she asked me again.

"I'm fine."

"Sweetie, I know you don't want to talk about this but you need to get this off of your chest. What happened these last few days are not something a teenage girl should be going through. You need to talk to someone. Don't keep all this bottled in", she explained.

i sighed. "You're right Aunt Maggie. I'm not fine. I'm tired, pissed, upset, confused and I just don't know what to do anymore."

"Look into yourself and find your sanctuary. Your strong sweetie. You have amazing friends who are willing to risk everything to try and make you feel better. Look into them for support and love. I may not be your real mother but I certainly do care like one."

I smiled. "Thanks for telling me this Aunt Maggie. I've missed talking to you and baking apple pies together like the old days."

"My apple pies were delicious weren't they? Maybe when we get home, we can bake some like old times. Whatcha say?"

"I would like that very much but I have to stay here Aunt Maggie. This is where i grew up, made friends, rode my first bike, go to school, and met the guy that i wanna be with for the rest of my life." I grinned.

"That reminds me. That guy Shane is your boyfriend?", she asked.

"Yeah he is. He gets me like no else can. He's sweet, honest, caring, and a gentleman. He's just amazing to me. I know that I love him and he loves me back."

"You have good taste in guys. That's very rare at a young age", she said. "Are you guys using protection?"

"Aunt Maggie! We are not having sex and even if we were, i wouldn't tell you about it!!"

"So you aren't having sex?", she asked again, raising her eyebrows.

"We are not having sex Aunt-", i stopped short. The door was opened and there stood Shane, holding a tray of food in his hands.

"Who's not having sex?", he asked, clearly confused.

"No one. It's nothing. Just girl talk", i replied.

He shrugged and brought the tray to my lap. There was a wrapped chicken sandwich, a carton of chocolate milk, a chocolate chip cookie, and an apple.

"Thanks so much", i said. He gazed into my eyes and I was instantly frozen. It felt as if no one was in the room but us. His green eyes reflected the light of the window and it made them sparkle. Gosh he was beautiful. He was complete perfection. He kissed me ever so softly. 

I nipped his bottom lip and he smiled. I heard someone clear their throat and I turned around to see my aunt giving us a smile.

I blushed and Shane kissed my cheek. I opened my sandwich and began eating. I savored the taste as it filled my taste buds.

The door opened again and there stood Ana and her mom, Sara.

"Oh Madison! Are you okay?!", Ana yelled as she came by my side to give me a hug. She hugged me.

"Ana! I'm fine! Ana, you're squeezing me to death!", i managed to say.

She finally let go. "I thought you were gonna die! When Shane told me that you woke up, I made my mom drive me all the way here!"

I laughed. "Are you alright sweetie?", Ana's mom asked.

"I'm fine. Just a bit tired", i said.

"I'm glad you're feeling better. Oh you must be her Aunt Margaret", she said.

"Please call me Aunt Maggie. It's very nice to meet you", Aunt Maggie said.

I ate my sandwich as I watched every greet each other. I smiled and blushed as Shane gave me a wink.

-------------------------------------------------

~~~Funeral~~~

Here I sat. On the hard grass of the earth, tears flowing down my face. I stared at my dad's name engraved on the headstone of his grave.

There's so many things I wish he could've done better while he was still alive. He made wrong choices but he's only human. I don't know what i would do if i didn't have Shane, Ana, Ana's mom, or Aunt Margaret there to keep me sane.

I sent a silent prayer to my dad.

Dad,

your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever. You have not been the most perfect dad but you've been there at least. You told me you loved me and that's enough for me. I love you dad and I will never forget you.

I continued to cry until I heard a soft voice behind me. I quickly dried my tears with the back of my hand and turned around.

There was a little girl with deep brown hair and an angelic face. She had rosy cheeks, pink lips, and a small petite body. She looked a lot like me when i used to be little.

"Is that your dad?", she whispered.

"Yeah. He died a week ago", i said, a tear slipping out of my eye.

"Don't cry for him. The only thing you should be doing is living the life that he would want you to live. He wouldn't like it if you were sad forever", she said matter of factually.

"I know, i know. It's just so hard. But i'll get through it. Thanks so much", i said. When I turned around the little girl was gone. I looked around for her but she was no where to be found.

I then felt a presence next to me. Shane looked down at me and smiled.

"Are you going to be okay?"

I smiled back and nodded. "I'm think so."

"Good. Your dad will like that."

I looked into his green eyes. "You are so good to me Shane. You kept me safe even when i didn't feel safe. I love you so much."

"I love you more Madison. Nothing in the world will ever change that. You're different, but a good kind of different. You complete me. I am the one who loves you more", he said.

A tear slipped out of my eye and he gently wiped it away.

"I love you most", i whispered.

He hugged me again. "Let's go back to your aunt. She must be pretty worried."

I laughed. This was the first time where i actually took advantage of the weather. It was very warm and cool, very breezy. You could easily smell the fragrance of the flowers. This was the start of a chapter. A chapter that will never be forgotten.

"Let's go get something to eat first", i said, grinning.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yeah!!!!! I did it! There are officially 5 more chapters until the end of this book! I'm so excited. it looks like everything is looking good for Madison and Shane. They were so meant to be. I wish Shane existed in real life.

40 VOTES TO UNLOCK NEXT CHAPTER!!!