"Idiot"

Caitlin Prickott

"I'm a bloody idiot." I lay face down on my bed and sigh.

"And why is that?" I flip my head over to look at Tonks.

"I don't want to explain it." She shakes her head and sits on the bed next to me. She strokes my hair.

"You poor thing. Just explain when you feel like it." I revert to laying down and sigh.

"I've been spending a lot of time in the library, because I usually do. However, I've been sitting next to Percy Weasley lately, and I ended up drawing a really detailed picture of him sitting in the library. I gave it to him when I went on an angry spat and now he probably thinks that I fancy him." She pats my shoulder lightly and shakes her head.

"Well do you?" I glare at her.

"No. I really don't." She sighs.

"I think you two need to get over your little feud and just become friends." My eyes soften and I sigh.

"That's what I wanted to happen, but it's his fault for being a total jerk in the library." I sit up and make my hair turn back to the purple it was before.

"Caitlin, I think that what you need to happen, is peace. Stay out of the library for today and go back tomorrow." I shake my head.

"I don't think I'm ever going back to that library. I think that I'll spend my last days in here. Percy Weasley can't get to me in here." Tonks rolls her eyes and I smile.

"Just get over it. Go back to your dorm room. Talk to Brenna, Vera, and Grace. Go help the house elves. Do something productive."

"Maybe I will help the elves. I haven't been in a while. Thanks, Tonks." I head into my dormitory and change into my jeans and yellow shirt with a black H on it. I slip on my tennis shoes and head into the kitchens.

The warm smell of buttercream and my favorite puff pastries welcomes me graciously. I smile when I see Miss Lacy mixing batter and laying it out. I come to stand next to her and she smiles.

"Oh, Miss Caitlin! You have come to help! How wonderful!" I bend down and hug her in substitute of her awkwardly hugging my legs.

"What am I making today?" Miss Lacy quietly leads me to a table with sauce laid out in a cup and dough cut into tiny squares.

"You will be making the pastries. Just put the jam in the dough and fold it as tightly as you can. Don't work too hard." She pats my back before walking off to do her own job.

Fill, fold, pan. Fill, fold, pan. Fill, fold, pan.

I look down after feeling a tug on my shirt.

"It has been about two hours. You are free to go." I shake my head.

"I would like to stay." Miss Lacy's eyes widened.

"Stay? For what reason, if I may ask?" I sigh and prepare myself to tell her.

"I would like to know what you know about designing clothes and stitching." Her face changes from confused to happy.

"Of course! Please step into my office." I grin.

"You have an office?" Miss Lacy nods and leads me into a small little space.

"As head elf, Dumbledore preferred I have one." I admire the decorations in the colors of every house. One wall being yellow and black, one scarlet and gold, one blue and bronze, and one green and silver. Miss Lacy sits down and with a snap of her fingers, opens her wardrobe.

"What do you need help with?" I pull my sketchbook out and show her a page.

"I want to design my own clothes. I was wondering if you could help me make them." She smiles and brings a mannequin that stood in the corner of the room.

"Inside my wardrobe, I have a large array of fabrics and materials to make clothing. I will give you tips as you make your drawing into life." I grab a grey material and stretch it around the mannequin. I carefully stitch every piece of the top together. I add the sleeves and look over at Miss Lacy.

"It is rather short, do you not think?" I shrug.

"It may have been a mistake, but I bet that it'll still look good. Now can I have your recommendation for a material for a skirt?" Miss Lacy stands up and looks through her wardrobe. She pulls out a large roll of very milky looking material.

"This white satin should do well." I take it and stitch a skirt on the body and make it to where it zips in the front.

"Gorgeous. I do not see why you needed my help." I smile and begin to slowly take the clothes off the mannequin.

"If you would like, I will leave so you can put it on." I nod and she closes her office door. I slip on the shirt and admire how it fits.

The skirt fits comfortably and goes until about mid thigh. It reaches a bit above my waist and the shirt fits like a comfortable glove.

As I fix my sleeve, I notice that my nails look unruly. I change the color to a purple that matches my hair. I slip my white sneakers back on and grab my sketchbook from the chair that sits in front of her desk. I leave and smile at Miss Lacy's reaction when she see's me.

"Oh, how gorgeous! It fits so well! You did not need my help with making it!" I bend down and hug her as she attempts to hug my legs. I am so grateful for Miss Lacy and the rest of the elves. They've done so much for the school and myself and one day I truly will find a way to repay them.

"Thank you for letting me use all of your materials and for your tips and instructions. I may just make the rest of my clothes." She moves away from me and opens the painting door for me.

"I'll be expecting you to come back. Would you like anything before you leave? I know that you particularly like the pastry puffs." I nod and she brings me a brown burlap sack that smells of delicious puffs. I take it and wrap it in the clothes I was wearing before I changed.

"Miss Lacy, do you happen to know what time it is?" She nods.

"Yes, dear. It is about time for dinner. Be a good girl and do not eat those until later." I feel my eyes become wide at the sound of dinner happening right now. I thought that it must be later.

"Oh, of course. I promise. Thank you once again. Goodbye." I set off to the barrel door and crawl through the tunnel into the common room. I'm thrown off by whistle coming from the couch by the fireplace.

"Wow, Caity. Looking a little snazzy?" I notice Verabexa, Brenna, and Grace sitting on the couch and sigh with relief.

"I made it myself! I'll be wearing my robes over it for dinner. The shirt is a bit... revealing." Grace nods.

"Just a bit. We'll be leaving for dinner soon so grab Tonks and Jazzy so we can leave." I nod and head to the seventh year dormitories.

Tonks is laying on her bed while reading something to do with the history of aurors while Jasmine is putting her hair into a tight bun.

"Are you two ready for dinner?" Jasmine gasps at the sight of me and I grin.

"You look great, Caitlin. Where'd you get the clothes?" Tonks stands up and walks over to me.

"Yeah, where'd you get the clothes?" I stand up proudly.

"I made them myself. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go set my things down before dinner."
As I leave, Tonks calls after me.

"You better put on your robes over that, missy!" I crack a smile and set my clothes and puffs down on my bed. My robes hang on the large set of hooks by the door. I close the robes and enter the common room where everyone waits.

"Let's be getting to dinner. The house elves have prepared something delicious." Grace nudges me in the side as we walk up the stairs.

"Care to tell us what we're having for dinner?" I shake my head as we walk through the grand doors.

"You'll find out soon enough." As we slowly make our way to the Hufflepuff table, I subtly wave at Percy as he grins up at me. I get a slight smirk from Tonks and shrug off her reaction as we dig into the delicious dinner before us.