Episode 3

Decided to update anyway :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lesson goes by quickly and soon it's half the lesson, most students have finished the work and Joe has moved them on. All but Demi who is sitting there staring at the paper which is just a bunch of gambled up numbers to her. Joe notices her as he scans the room, he raises his eyebrow when he sees the confusion on her face.

"Demi are you okay?" He asks remembering he got a telling off when he called her Demetria on the register. Demi looks up at her teacher with her big hazel eyes knowing she can't do anything else but ask for help. She shakes her head which indicates to Joe she needs him, he stands up strolling over to her. He kneels down so he is just a inch smaller then her glancing down at the sheet. "You don't need to be scared to ask for help." Joe states giving her a small smile, she nods and takes in all the methods Joe shows her into completing the work. Through the whole lesson Joe helps Demi on her work making sure she understands it giving the other students some help if needed.

"Bye Mr. Jonas, thanks for helping."

"You're welcome Demi." Joe replies as Demi strolls out of the room. Joe smiles to himself, this is the reason he went into teaching, just being able to help children understand subjects they don't understand, not everybody is good at maths like he is.

Joe plods through the door feeling tired and exhausted, he loved working but it does tire him out not that it takes much. He makes his way to the kitchen where his mother is placing some cookies onto a plate, he walks over and grabs one taking a big bite out of it.

"Hello Joseph, how was it?" His mother asks kissing his cheek.

"It was great but I'm tired." He states after swallowing his mom's amazing cookie.

"Go have a lie down on the couch, Frankie has soccer tonight so won't be home until 5ish." Denise explains and  he nods walking through into the living room where he collapses on the couch instantly shutting his eyes. It doesn't take long until memories of the past come flooding into his mind terrorising him.

"Joe get your ass here!" Joe hears his father scream, he rushes down the stairs standing right in-front of his dad.

"Yes dad" He says hoping he's just going out, far from it.

"I told you to call me sir!"He says smacking him over the head, Joe lifts his hand up places it on his head where his dad smacked him.

"Sorry sir." He apologises.

"Just make me dinner." He demands walking into the living room, Joe follows scared.

"B-but I don't know how to cook." He stutters.

"Learn then!" The sudden change in his voice scares Joe even more making him rush into the kitchen. He's only 8, how does he know how to cook? Joe opens the fridge and see's what's in after flicking through a cooking book for quick meals. He discovers spaghetti Bolognaise which seems easy enough. Just over 3o minutes later Joe finishes plating it up walking through to the living  where his dad is enjoying a beer while watching TV. He takes a deep breath before curiously walking over handing the plate over with the knife and fork.

"This isn't a meal!" He screeches after looking down at it and having a taste. He throws it over Joe letting the hot food scold his skin as he screams in agony.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments :)