Retrouvaille

Amelia's P.o.v.

  "Is she gonna wake up?"

  "Yes, she won't die. A few broken bones and a gunshot wound but she's strong, she'll wake up."

  I stirred in my sleep and instantly regretted it as the pain exploded along my sides.

  "You're fucking stupid Amelia, falling off a stupid cliff thing, god damn..." I mumbled as I sat up in the old bed and looked over at Alexander and Ellie who were standing in the doorframe.

  "Hey." I said in an oddly light hearted voice that I still could muster despite all the pain I was feeling.

  "Amelia, you shouldn't be sitting up! You and Caesar both need rest and -"

  "Wait, what? What do you mean 'and Caesar?' He's here too?" I asked with a tilt of my head and looked over at Ellie with concerned eyes.

  She nodded.

  "Okay," I said and swung the covers off of me. I hopped down onto the wooden floor and walked over to the door as the pain erupted on my sides again.

  "Amelia! You need to lay down." She called to me as I gripped both sides of the door frame and leaned forward, looking around the hallway. The all too familiar hallway.

  "Will's house?" I asked myself and widened my eyes at the dusty pictures of him and the rest of the family lining the hallway. I smirked slightly and dropped my hands back to my sides.

  "Wicked..."

  "Amelia," I felt her hand on my shoulder. "Rest."

  "I'm a 19," I said to her without turning around and shrugged her hand off of my shoulder. "I'll be fine."

  I turned down the hallway and made my way up the steps towards Caesars old room where I knew he would be.

  The door's hinges creaked as I slowly opened it revealing the familiar attic. I could see the dust floating in the air.

  He was sitting on his bed with Will's old camera in hand, his eyes were fixed on the screen and he didn't hear me come in. A chess board was set out on the bed in front of him but it was coated in dust.

  I closed the door and snuck my way over to were he was sitting, watching the screen over my his shoulder with a smile.

  It was of Will and Caesar.

  He was trying to teach him some simple sign langue and I smiled slightly.

  The sight of the video brought back a lot of memories from when I was a kid and all the times me and Will would screw around and get in trouble...it was fun. He may have been an adult when I was child but that didn't stop him from acting like one when I was around.

  I jumped on the bed, startling Caesar to the point where he dropped the Camera onto an old blanket that was on the floor.

  "Oh..." I said and looked at the camera before looking over at Caesar who had turned behind him to look at me.

  'You were shot too.'

  I tilted my head, not really understanding what he meant before he reached his hand out and touched the bullet wound below my collar bone.

  I winced and he pulled away quickly.

  "Oh, its okay," I said and gave him a warm smile. "But what about you? Are you okay?" I asked and my voice instantly filled with concern.

  He waved me off, looking away from me and shielding his emotions deep in his eyes.

  But I could tell he looked stressed.

  I leaned forward, catching his eye and giving him a really stupid smile before I burst into laughter.

  I didn't know what I was supposed to do, I was never good at cheering people up, never.

  Caesar stared at me with utter confusion which just made me laugh even harder. I didn't even know why I was laughing, I was just as confused as him.

  I stopped myself and looked up at the odd smile that was giving me.

  "Okay, okay. I'm sorry, I-"

  I jumped as he slammed his lips into mine and cut me off, his hands landed on my waist and pulled me closer to him.

  It was random, out of nowhere and I didn't really understand why he had done it. But that didn't stop me from enjoying it.

  I sunk into the kiss slowly and I felt my cheeks heat up as the turned dark red.

  Just as he slid his hands higher up my waist, I heard someone knock on the door and the door knob begin to turn.

  I pulled away from him and threw myself onto the wooden floor in a very 'casual' pose.

  Alexander walked in, his eyes going from Caesar to me and they were just filled with questions.

  I sat up and gave him an awkward smile.

  "Hey, what's up?"

  "Oh, uh, Ellie and my Dad," He said and pointed over his shoulder. "Their ready to leave whenever you two are."

  I nodded and maintained my smile.

  "Okay, be down in a sec."

  He awkwardly walked out of the room as I turned over to Caesar and stood up.

  We made our way to the door and he followed behind me in silence...until I tried to descend down the stairs.

  I felt his hand grasp my forearm and I turned around, giving him a smile that was a mixture of confusion and curiosity.

  He pulled his hand away and it limply fell to his side as I looked at him.

  "Caesar, what?"

  The silence continued until he shuffled his feet and looked me in the eyes

  "Amelia."

  I raised my eyebrows and leaned down slightly, giving him a questioning look before he raised his hands.

  And despite it all, I didn't except the question that came next.

  'Will you still leave us after all of this?'