Gunfire

Amelia's P.o.v.

  I watched myself in the reflection of thee gas station window. My eyeliner was smeared all under my eyes and my hair was a mess with two braids. I looked unhinged.

  I tried not to turn around, trying to not loom at Caesar because I knew I would burst into tears.

  The only person I have ever cried for in the last ten years was my brother and Gracie. Because I loved them and I was confuse, my heart was telling me I loved him but my mind refused that as an option.

  I walked around the gas station, stopping at the front door and trying to pry it open with my hands.

  Something clicked and the door opened easily, allowing me to step into the dusty building with a deep breath.

  The dust and cobwebs floated around in the air with grace and the shelf's were covered in what looked like storage boxes.

  I walked around brisk fully and hopping over the counter.

  I stuffed as many lighters as I could in one of the black plastic bags and also filled it with small alcohol bottles and and the food I could found that wasn't rotting.

  "Amelia! Let's go!" Ellie purred from the door as I slid over the counter once again and made my way out of the Station and back towards the apes home.

   I stood in the familiar den in silence, my bag awkwardly hanging from my shoulder and I all around looked like a train wreck. I felt like I was falling apart, I just wanted to crumble to the floor and never get up again.

  I wanted to stay, my heart was screaming, screaming so loud to my head to stay but it refused. Stubborn asshole.

  "Amelia."

  I jumped at the voice and turned around, my bag slipping a little more off of my shoulder as I made eye contact with Caesar.

  We stood there in silence for a few seconds before he held out his towards me.

  "I need to show you...lights." He said as I shakily held my hand out and he grasped it tightly.

  Butterflies.

  We walked out of the den in silence as he walked me up the steep hill and I saw that Malcolm, Ellie and Alexander were already at the top.

  I looked in the direction everyone was staring at and saw a large place in the distance, lights shone brightly. It almost looked like a city.

  I realized I was still holding Caesars hand but I didn't let go, my feet stepped forward and I smiled at the sight of lights. I wasn't a city girl, I never liked the hassle of it all, more of a country side girl. The forest. The woods. The smells.

  I squeezed his hand tighter as he stepped next to me and turned his head towards me.

  I didn't look at him but I could feel my face turning crimson.

  Butterflies.

  He used his other hand and placed it on my face as to turn it towards his and we locked eyes.

  Butterflies.

  "H-Hi..." I said with a shaky voice as he leaned closer to me with a smile.

  B u t t e r f l i e s.

  I slammed my mouth into his, alarming him slightly before he recovered and kissed me.

  I kissed back aggressively and squeezes his hand harder. I was aggressive and in love and filled to the brim with emotions. Also horny. So that's a thing too.

  We pulled away awkwardly and I caught the eye of Ellie who was the only one who seemed to notice or who at least admitted that they noticed.

  I looked over to were Caesar was looking and noticed Koba sitting a little ways below us. He had something in his grasp.

  My eyes widened as I realized what he had in his grip.

  "A gun? Why did he need a..."

  My eyes were glued on him as he pointed the gun up towards Caesar and before I knew what I was doing I had jumped in front of him.

  The gunshot sounded and I felt pain explode right below my right collar bone. I held my hand against the spot where the pain was the worst and at the sight of my blood covered hand, I fell off the edge, my head slamming into branch's.

  I struck the ground hard, the wind being knocked out of my and more pain struck my ribs and my head.

  I rolled over to my side and closed my eyes, my vision was spinning and I could feel myself slipping into unconsciousness.

  But not before another gunshot went off.

  And the last thing I heard was apes hooting and screeching, and the sound of Ellie, Malcolm and Alexander screaming.

  And then everything went dark.