Mom This is Toby

Chapter Fifteen

 I was still debating whether I should tell my mom the truth of everything. I have never lied or kept anything from her and I really didn’t want to start now, but I just felt it might be a lot for her to take in.

“Are you sure your mom will like me?” Toby asked as we walked through the airport to the gate. She was finally going to meet Toby and she was dying to meet him since I told her about him. He was nervous that my mom wasn’t going to like him, but I knew she was going to love him.

“Toby for the millionth time she is going to love you.” I reassured him and kissed his cheek as we walked to the gate my mom should be coming through. She wanted to meet us back at our apartment but I didn’t want her to take a cab.

“Ok if you’re sure, I’m just nervous because I know how much your mom’s opinions matter. You know this is the first time I’m meeting my boyfriend’s mom. I mean like the first time ever meeting a boyfriend’s mom. I just want her to like me, I know how much it means for a mother to like the person their kids are with.”

I stop and placed my hands on his shoulders, “Hey relax and don’t worry. She will love you because I love you.” I kissed him, “Beside remember Karina likes you too, so that is a plus for my mom.” He chuckled. “Also if it helps, she has always prefer I dated a guy.” He smiled and shook his head.

“Ok if you say so,” I grabbed his hand and we continued to the gate. We waited for the plane to land and let everyone off. People slowly walked out of the gate, I looked at everyone walking out for my mom. I finally spotted her, I waved my arms to get her attention. She saw me and started making her way over to us.

“Oh my god Declan, I have missed you so much!” she hugged me and cover my face in kisses. She looked at Toby and smiled, “And you must be Toby. Oh my gosh, you’re as cute a button. No wonder Declan is so in love with you, you know I have always loved it when he told me he has a boyfriend. I just think he is the most adorable when he has a boyfriend.” Toby blushed, I should have warned him about my mom, but this was funnier for me to see.

“Yes Mrs. Porter and it’s nice to finally meet you,” Toby stuck out his hand.

“No we don’t do that, we hug in this family.” She hugged him and kissed his cheek, “And call me Andrea, Mrs. Porter makes me feel so old.” He chuckled as she let him go, “It’s nice to finally meet you too Toby. I see you have taken good care of my baby here.” She reached up and pinched my cheek.

“Ugh mom,” she giggled and patted my cheek. “So mom you have any more bags?”

“No I can only stay the weekend, plus I don’t want to get in between y’alls alone me.” I took her bag and grabbed Toby’s hand as we walked out of the airport. “Where is Karina?”

“She is meeting her boyfriend’s parents today.”

“Wait what?” she hit me, “She has a boyfriend, why didn’t she tell me this and why didn’t you tell me?” he hit me again.

“Ow, why are you hitting me for that?” Toby chuckled to himself.

“What’s the point of our weekly calls if y’all don’t tell me everything y’all have going in y’alls life?”

“I thought she told you, sorry it wasn’t really my thing to tell.” She rolled her eyes at me, “Keep doing that and they will get stuck.” I said before she pinched me.

“Tell me what’s his name and is he good looking?” Toby chuckled as my mom continued to question me about Karina. I answered all her question as we drove back to my apartment. I carried her bag as she and Toby went ahead of me, she wanted to get to know him.