Quality Time with Jude

*You write a story about a guy treating a cat as if it's human, it's adorable. But a woman treats a cat that way, she is seen as a crazy cat lady, haha. Well enjoy this chapter of cuteness, also sorry that I don't reply to y'all comments. I do read them and I love hearing what y'all have to think and thank you! Ok now you may enjoy this chapter.

Chapter Five

        I felt like I was on cloud nine right now, a promotion and I got to keep Jude. It was like nothing could go wrong for me right now.  As soon as the doors opened Karina was there waiting for me. She jumped on me and hugged me tight, “Did you get the promotion as well?”  She asked when she finally released me.

      “Yeah he is giving me Curtis’s job. It’s just like it’s all a dream right now, so what about you?” I asked her as we walked back to our cubicles.

       “He gave me Sienna’s job, oh my god it’s just so hard to believe that we finally moved up.” She squealed and spun around in her chair. “Oh what did Mr. Bennett say about Jude?” she asked when she finally stopped spinning around.

       “That Jude isn’t his son’s cat, that the eyes were the wrong color. He thinks the only reason he might have reacted to the photo was because he might remind Jude of his owner. So Jude isn’t going anywhere for now.” I smiled.

     “That is just great, seriously like the best day ever. You know now we have to celebrate and yes we are going out to The Vault Nightclub!” she said excitedly.

      “Dude how are we going to get into that club? “

      “I know someone that can get us in and you say yes, I’ll go ask him right now.” I looked her, who the hell did she know that could get us into LA’s most exclusive club?

                “Ok fine, if you can make it happen I’ll go.” She smiled and walked off, which I assumed that she was going to ask whoever she knew that could get us into The Vault. I sat back at my desk and went to work on the reports I had started.

                “Declan Porter,” I turned around and found Clayton Myers standing behind me.

                “Yes sir, I said as I stood up from my chair. Clayton was in his late fifties and had been with this company for a while, real close family friend to the Bennett’s.

                “So your Curtis’s replacement?” I nodded my head as he looked around my cubicle. His eyes stopped on the picture of me and Jude. “Well Tobias thought you were the only one better qualified for the position, so let's hope he is right. In my opinion you’re a bit young for this job, but he thinks you can handle it.” he looked at the photo one more time. “Well see you Monday morning and you better come ready to work son. We just got rid of the dead weight, we don’t need anymore.” Psh you were the one that hired them in the first place, I said to myself.

            “Yes sir, I’m always ready to work.” He shook my hand and walked off, but not before looking at the photo again. I sat back in my chair and thought about what just happened. The way he kept looking at the photo made me wonder if he thought Jude looked like Toby’s cat Poe. However I didn’t have to worry about that, Mr. Bennett had already confirmed that Jude wasn’t his sons cat.