S: Sarah, you know it's only when Daddy has work, but I always come back home.

Sarah shook her head. Natasha held her hands.

N: I promise you that when you leave today, me and your father will be here...

Natasha looked into Sarah's eyes.

N: Do you trust me?

Sarah nodded.

N: All right, now... You're a lady and you go with the teacher. No crying...

Sarah held the teacher's hand and entered the school, but she kept looking back to see if Steve and Natasha were really waiting for her until the time of leaving.

Steve and Natasha stayed until the doors got closed and then they walked back to the car.

Steve was silent for much of the trip. When they stopped at the traffic light, Natasha looked at Steve.

N: What's bothering you?

S: Nothing.

N: Oh, c'mon... All thi silence, your forehead is frowned...

S: I'm just thinking about what Sarah said.

N: She'll be fine.

S: Yes, she will... But she's right.

Steve looked at Natasha.

S: I never have time to warn them that I'm going on a mission, we just go and suddenly they have to stay in the house of strangers, until we can return.

N: We have a job.

S: I know. It's part of work, of my life and yours, but it shouldn't be of our children's life. Every time I went on a mission, half of me remained here, worried about them. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I didn't come back from a mission.

N: Steve...

S: Hypothetically speaking. It's not hard to happen, we both put ourselves at risk all the time.

N: In order to protect the lives of thousands, including our children.

S: Yes. But...

Steve sighed and looked out the window as Natasha continued driving.

N: I know what you mean. Are you thinking about retiring?

Steve shook his head.

S: I don't know.

N: I can sense that you feel guilty every time you leave the kids and you also feel guilty about leaving the team. From what I knew, you owe nothing to this world, Steve Rogers. The world is who owes you.

S: It would be selfish.

N: Steve? Look at me.

Steve was clearly tormented by these doubts. He looked at Natasha, who had just parked the car in front of her building.

N: If there's one thing I'm sure you're not. It's selfish. You're just being a good dad. I understand and I support whatever you decide about the job, do what is best for you and the kids.

Steve and Natasha continued to look at each other for a few seconds. Natasha laid her hand on Steve's shoulder and smiled a little, empathizing with what he was feeling.

Natasha got out of the car.

N: Wait here, I need to get some clothes.

Steve nodded and a few minutes later, Natasha returned with a backpack.