2. Combat! - Watty Awards Story

I'm scared. You're about to read the second and third chapter of my story... I really hope you like it.

I loved writing it! I've always wanted this type of thing happen to me but alas, it hasnt and probably never will, which is why I decided to write it. To explore the different sides of how an ordinary girl becomes a big star over night!

Yeah, please, please, please (Mcfly just came into my head then) vote for it, if you like it and I will be uploading very soon

Lauren =D

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2. I opened the door to a semi-detached small house with the small purple Nissan Micra in the driveway and pebbles as the front garden. I walked straight down the corridor smiling into the living room, walked into the dining room sat down at the breakfast table looking into the semi circle hatch into the kitchen smiling at the light brown hair with her back towards me.

"Yo, Jess! Whatcha cooking?"

"Yo Grandma, pancakes. Want some?" She faced me, gleaming with icing sugar over her nose, chocolate around her mouth and the usual sparkly light green eyes. I laughed at her.

Jessy Hill was my best friend and my neighbour ever since we could remember. My Mum said it was the day that I was outside crying in my garden - seeing my mum crying over my father leaving - that Jessy walked into my garden through a gate - that goes through hers so we can put the rubbish in the alleyway next to Jessy's house - and hugged me. A few minutes later when Mum came out to check on me, I was playing in Jessy's garden having our very own tea party. She had praised Jessy ever since.

She had a nagging nickname for me, Grandma, after the Pocohontas character, Grandma Willow. We watched it when we were seven and since then it had stuck.

But I wasn't born Willow. I was a twin. My brother was called William but he died a two weeks after he was born. I had been the one the doctors said was unlikely to survive but as soon as I was born I was fine, William's health however, deteriorated. They had already named us William and Evelyn (my Mum's name) but William died, a few weeks later. My parents changed my name to Willow, to honour him and changed my middle name to Evelyn.

Jessy and I were different and the same; Jessy liked all the supernatural things and I only liked the Dusk series (a vampire and a girl fall in love), Jessy loved movies and I only went to see them because she made me. She liked dancing were I, preferred running. We were the perfect team, sugar and spice, as she liked to call us (she was spice).

Jessy served pancakes with berries in the batter, just the way we liked it. Jessy ate lots but never put on weight and always kept that hour glass figure. I, however, had to watch my weight though with Jessy being a great cook with a sweet tooth, it was hard.

"Oh it's raining rabbits." I sighed while we ate watching Friends.

"Good thing you don't have to go far." We both giggled and glanced over to the old woman sitting by the window. Elise Hill was Jessy's grandmother and had a tendency to make light of every situation. It was Elise who had thought of raining as raining rabbits. We could never understand why it was called 'raining cats and dogs' so instead Elise called it 'raining rabbits' because it made sense. Rabbits breed quickly and once rain starts, it pours especially in England.

*

A month had passed and Victoria Dixon went touring after her role as Stella. My little acting career was out of my system and I was just about finishing my internship at the Theatre Stage Company. Jessy had told me it was for the best, that I had other career paths to think about like enrolling at universities and maybe if the Theatre Stage Company liked me enough, a job there.