Chapter six; Not so good reunion

Alice has never killed a walker. And frankly, before she got separated with her group, she didn't intend to.

But now Alice, she... re-vamped herself. She was done playing the lady like role. Not anymore. She was done.

Now, something just snapped in her, making her change. Like her brain turned on a switch to remind her, 'Hey, you're in the apocalypse. Your a survivor. Act like it.'

Her father would be disgusted with her. Her dress was torn at the knees, it was grass, dirt, and blood stained, she had lost her gloves that her grandma gave to her, her hair was chopped off with a knife, and for god sake she was walking bare foot in the woods.

But now isn't the time to be ashamed of appearance. Looks don't matter any more. So, with that, she pushed that thought aside and focused on where she was headed.

Thankfully the prison wasn't that far away from where they had gone, and of Alice remembered correctly, the prison was south-west of the Walmart.

She knew she was getting closet with every step, because everything was beginning to look familiar as she walked.

She stepped into the clearing, and saw the prison she had stayed at the night before. She smiled in relief, because earlier, she was being chased three walkers, and was getting dizzy from lack of hydration.

She stumbled to the entering hate where Rick and Carl were talking, and she needed to talk to them. But now black spots were dancing in her vision, and soon she was surrounded by darkness.

She moaned out a, "Help." and she passed out.

Alice woke to screaming and gunshots, and she was up in less then a second. She picked up her knife from the bedside table and bolted out of the empty cell block.

When she entered the courtyard, it was pure chaos. A car drove through the gate, letting walkers through.

For once in her life, Alice had no clue what to do.

She ran dodging walkers in her path, trying to do something.

She looked over and saw most of the walkers gone, but someone laying on the ground with a pool of blood surrounding them.

She ran towards the person, but was amazed and devastated to see who it was.

It was Marvel.

Her brother.

Who was shot in the stomach.

"M-Marvel...?" Alice asked softly, her eyes tearing up. Marvel opened his eyes and he jumped a little.

"Alice? Is that you?" He asked weakly. Alice nodded her head wildly. Her eyes floated to his stomach which was a blood red, and what appears to be a bullet.

"N-No... No! We..We gotta get you to Hershel, he'll fix you up!" Alice yelled, not caring that the group was staring.

She jumped up and tried pulling her Marvel up with her.

"C-Come on! I'm not letting you die!" Alice yelled.

"Alice..." Marvel whispered.

But she kept trying.

"Don't Alice me Marvel! Come on!" She yelled once more, but then her and her brother fell to the ground.

"Alice, just stop.." Marvel said quietly.

"N-No! I'm not going to stop trying! You're acting like you ain't gonna make it! Now come on!" Alice said, tears welling in her eyes. She started to get up but Marvel pulled her back down.

Marvel rolled up his sleeve, and Alice almost choked.

He was bit.

"You can't...No..W-Wha..?" Alice said, making a sob come out.

"H-Hershel! Come look at him! I know he's bit but... maybe he'll make it! Maybe he's different!" She convinced herself.

No one moved.

She heard a growling behind her, and she jumped up in pure rage. She grabbed her knife and stabbed the walker in the eye.

But she didn't stop.

She kept stabbing it until it's face was completely deformed. She was covered in blood and everyone stared at her in pity and shock.

She walked over to her brother and sat by him. "I like your hair baby sister.Keep it like that." He said weakly.

He was getting worse and Alice knew it.

"I love you Marvel..." Alice said, tears falling on her face.

"I..love...you...too..princess..." He breathed out, but then his chest stopped moving.

"M-Marvel?!" Alice asked in a worried voice.

"Marvel! MARVEL PLEASE NO!" She screamed, crying in his chest. She was full on sobbing and couldn't stop. She gripped his navy blue shirt and just cried.

She lifted her tear stained face and saw him breathing again. Rick quickly walked over and cocked his gun, but Alice took it out of his hands. She knew what was happening.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He asked, and she nodded with tears still streaming down dirt covered face.

She stood up and held the gun to his head. Her hands were shaking wildly, and she was sobbing.

BANG.

Marvel was gone. Everyone left Alice alone, and she was about to leave too when she saw something shining on his chest.

They were his dog tags from the army. Alice quickly unclasped the dog tags and put them around her neck. She shut his eyes, and walked away without a second glance.