[6] Routine

Several days passed since the interrogation, Dr.Lecter gave me some time to adjust to my new lifestyle. He suggested that I follow a routine, which would both trigger any memories of my past, as well as give me some sort of control over my new life. I could tell that Dr.Lecter did not want me to feel like a prisoner or a caged animal. Thus began the first step towards my recovery. My routine was designed by both Dr.lecter and I. He claimed that this wasn't going to be our first official therapy session and that that would wait until I was ready.

              I sat reflecting on my bed, my back pressed against the hard bed board and my hands resting on my sides. I woke up early, I couldn't sleep very well, I felt anxious knowing that just outside was the forest in which I came from, where the secrets to my past life remained dormant. I sat there for hours as I watched the dawning of light slowly peer through my curtains, I could hear the soft sound of the floorboards creaking throughout the house and the quiet chirping of the morning birds. I let out a deep sigh and raised my hand to ruffle up my (H/C) hair, then carried myself to my bedroom door. I meekly walked out of my room and down the long wooden stairs to see a note on the marble kitchen table.

"Dearest (Y/N),

           I'd like to apologize in advance concerning my absence at breakfast this morning, However, I have some early appointments to attend to. I took the liberty in preparing your breakfast, it's on the counter so please enjoy it. I encourage you to follow the routine as planned and if you have any complications, the number to my office and Will Graham's cell phone number is written down below.

Regards,

                                                                                                                                             Hannibal Lecter M.D"

             I took a moment to admire Dr.Lecter's fine handwriting, The black ink of the letters flowed together elegantly, twisting and bleeding out into the paper like grape vines. They say you can tell a lot about a person by their handwriting, I wonder what mine would reveal about me.I approached the counter and uncover my meal, happily consuming its contents. Besides the plate was my to-do list journal, which contained a week's worth of mundane chores.

1) Eat breakfast, A healthy breakfast makes for a healthy mind. (Check)

2) Wash any remaining dishes.

          I placed my plate inside the sink, where there were no remaining dishes other than my own. I kept telling Dr.lecter that I could clean up after breakfast and that he didn't need to bother himself with extra work but, like a gentleman, he continued to do so anyway. Alright, next step...

3) Make the bed

         I went back to my room to cleaned up the sheets scattered across my bed in disarray. "I didn't realize i was such a reckless sleeper..." i say to myself. After cleaning I looked at the next step.

4) Walk outside, A morning walk is good for the mind and body.

        This step was recommended by Dr.lecter, claiming that it would relieve my stress and generally be good for me. However, I believe the real reason is so that i will have to walk by the forest every day, forced to confront my demons. When he suggested this I felt a little taken aback, it seemed a little cruel to send me to the lion's den, but i understood that it needed to be done and agreed. Before I could change clothes I peaked outside the curtains to check on the weather. The bright dawn sun was now covered by grey clouds that seemed heavy and solid, like floating stones in the sky. After changing I went back downstairs and headed towards the front door, besides the door was a bright yellow raincoat resting on the coat hanger. 

       Dr.Lecter must have left this for me...He's very considerate...

        I put the raincoat on and exited Dr.Lecters home with a sense of foreboding which laid a heavy feeling upon my chest, I calmed myself down and began my walk. The air was clean, crisp with the faint smell of wet soil, It relaxed me and took my attention away from my anxiety. I took the path on the side of the concrete road, to my right was the forest and I made little effort to gaze at it. While I'm walking I come to the realization that I generally like forests, when I was at the hospital I passed time by browsing through the calendar photos. My favorite was the forest calendar, The trees looked magical, ethereal, and I wondered if I would be able to visit such a place. However this forest was different, it was the unknown,  A place to discover the reason why I lost my memories and myself, Perhaps I chose to forget, and that very thought terrified me. After walking for about ten minutes I felt small droplets hit the bridge of my nose, and then my left cheek. Then rapidly the rain came pouring down from the grey clouds, the entire scenery illuminated a saturated blue hue. 

         Approaching me came a small black car, the windows slightly tinted and the engine purred lightly but shook the ground beneath my feet. Noticing a large puddle in front of me I jumped towards the edge of the forest and off the road, avoiding the splash from the approaching vehicle. Turning my attention off of the road and into the forest, I gazed into it, I felt drawn to enter the forest, Like I was being summoned.  I should just go in, I can't stay ignorant to my past forever, and I really hate to be a to burden Dr.Lecter... Gathering my courage, I walked into the forest. Surrounding me were tall green trees, and I could hear the soft shuffling noises of small forest animals hiding from the rain. I walked deeper, turning back I became aware of the fact that the road was now out of sight. Was i lost? But there no point in turning back now. I continued on, and my heart began to pound a beat faster. There was a clearing in front of me now, the stump of a fallen tree was the only thing to fill in the space at the center. Suddenly my head felt as though it were being stabbed and compressed. 

"Arg!" I groaned loudly, breaking the silence of the forest. 

That's right, That day was just like this, the rain, the forest, the house...

      The pain became almost excruciating, the small noises of the forest intensified, like the rain was singing, and the animals were now panicking, Like they're scared, and I'm scared. Flashing images of red and the sound of bloody screaming surrounded me, The forest was distorted and I realized that the images I am seeing are memories. 

Focus! 

I tried to calm myself down, to analyze the scene playing out before me. I saw red, orange, and yellow, spiraling like a raging fury, 

It's fire! Is the forest on Fire?...No, It's not the forest...

My legs grew weak and I fell onto my knees, dirt covered my legs and I held my hand to my head. NO! I have to remember! But the images were faded from my mind, I could hear a man voice call out to me, "(Y/N)!" the voice sounded familiar, I felt a pit drop in my stomach, "Come with me (Y/N)." The man voice now sounded desperate.

"(Y/N)?" I felt a man hand grab hold of my shoulders, 

"Huh?" I weakly looked up, my eyes were half closed, I think I fainted. The man above me and touching my body was the same lost puppy-eyed looking guy i saw at the hospital.

"Will Graham?"

Hello everyone! I know its been a long time since i have posted anything. I made this chapter years ago but I never published it, so i decided to finally post it and give y'all something to read! I don't know when I'll be posting a new chapter, but I'll try my best! Thank you all for reading and being patient with me. Also any grammatical errors in past chapters (and probably this one) will be edited at some point! :)