14.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Patrick was sitting on a park bench, something not out of the ordinary for him. He was watching the sun set in some park, in some suburb near some neighbourhood. He was resting, his head back and blue eyes closed. Sighing, he drew his arms across his chest which created a makeshift pillow for his head. He had been busy since the early morning, not caring to hear back home at a given time. Due to the fact that his parents would not be worried if he arrived a little late. He had the scene already etched out in his head. It was just past five in the afternoon. His father would be watching whichever sports game that was on television. His mother on the other hand, was out of town ; upstate to be more specific.

She was gone for an entire month. A whole thirty days, no more and no less. Patrick kept track of her absence, she would be back in two weeks total. The boy was not exactly sure of her career, he just had the seldom knowledge that she worked for some company located downtown. This being her job, she worked in a small office, on a small floor, in a big building surrounded by other big buildings.
He sighed once more, just taking in the last of the day's ramenants. The sun was warm on his shoulders, a slight breeze ruffling his sandy hair. He imagined staying like this for the rest of the day.

In fact, this may have been his exact plans , had he not been distrusted by a vibrating in the back pocket of his jeans. He jerked up, startled for a split second before realizing he was receiving a call. Shaking his head, Patrick slid his phone out of his back pocket and glared at the screen, spotting who the call was from. His heart dropped a bit as he laid his eyes on the caller ID, he was receiving a call from Pete. Panicking, he hurried to answer the call.
Much to his dismay, he was too late and missed it.

He unlocked his screen and desperately began typing. He sent a message asking if something was wrong. Less than two minutes later, a notification appeared on his screen. Inwardly scolding himself for seeming annoying, he read the text from Pete quickly. Confusion swept over him as he scanned the text message. It was from someone to claimed to be one of Pete's friends. He texted back and began to feel nervous. He frantically shoved his sweater on and ran a hand through his hair. Then an incoming message appeared on the screen.

He hurried to his car and started it, not hesitating to turn the key into ignition.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

hah this was horrible ok. gn please bear with me i'm exhausted and homesick. i promise ill update with a better chapter tomorrow!