David's Video

"The most aristocratic spectators of this year's bot fights have agreed to pay for your body. Everyone knew that it wasn't going to be cheap to build your new one...but um it's even more expensive to fix your old one as well. And they can't perform the surgery until your old body is repaired. I told them to at least try but they said that they wouldn't...." After a long pause, David continues, "004, you're dying. A-And if they wait too much longer they'll lose you....I'll lose you." His voice starts to crack, and he breathes get shakier, "I never actually told you this, and in truth, I never thought I would, but I love you. I won't lie, I originally entered into this competition for the money, but right now, you're being, um...fixed through those doors. Those two doors right there." He moves the camera to face two doors behind him, where doctors are moving utensils and tables in and out of the room, "And it takes everything I have not to rush through those doors and try to help, try to save you...but of corse I can't." He takes another long pause before continuing, "I told them to make your new body look just like you. I didn't want it looking like anyone else, that just wouldn't seem right. I also told them to give you a long life, so you'll be about 22 years old, close to my age. I don't know how much longer the surgery will take, they said about a week at most, if all goes as planned. And I also don't know when I'll show  you this," He pauses, putting his hands in his palms and smiling a bit, "I'm a mess, haven't showered in a few days...But um, I might not ever show you this to be honest, but if I do....uh, what am I saying I don't even know if you'll live to see me again, let alone this video. But if you do, I want you to know that you're the stupidest, most idiotic genius I've ever met. Using your own blood as a weapon! I've never seen an audience go more insane," He laughs again, "They'll be talking about it for years to come-" Suddenly a doctor comes out of the doors, she whispers something in his ears, his face goes pale and he reaches back down to get the camera, "I-I have to go. I love you, and I want you to know-"

The video ends before he finishes his sentence.