Ignite

I slowly turn my head to face my imposter, a fake version of me. In all technicality, she's no different then I am, just built for a different purpose, to kill me.

"You look familiar, have we met before?" She laughs to herself. I cringe, knowing that that's my laugh. She's wearing the exact same outfit I am, making her even more unsettling. I sigh, then I quickly reach over, grab the sword, and press the button aimed at her. At this point, I'm too worn out for all the meaningless talking and empty threats. The shot hit her in the arm, giving me another opportunity to fire.

This time I aim for her legs. If she's immobilized, it'll my job a whole lot easier. I aim and I'm about to fire but suddenly I see a reflection of a dark figure on the sword behind me. I quickly turn around, not putting my back to "Mrs. Imposter" and try to find what I saw in the reflection. I still can't see very well out of my right eye so it may have just been my vision failing me, but suddenly something comes flying out of the dark alley and towards other me. She manages to dodge but ends up flying into me, causing us both to fall to the ground. Suddenly a dark two-toned voice comes from the alley.

"To kill two 004s at the same time, wouldn't that be interesting." Suddenly 009 comes out of the shadowy alley, revealing a laser cannon that was shot at other me and a machine gun in his back. This guy's a walking armory.

"Can we call this one 005? I'm gonna call you 005, okay." I say to other me. She looks confused but quickly bounds off of me once 009 starts reloading his laser cannon. I rise from the ground quickly, and just in time. If I had stayed there a second more I would be a pile of ash by now.

Ash. Ash...Fire!

I notice 005 trying to sneak off, avoiding the fight. I aim my sword at her and fire. The ice freezes her legs, preventing her from moving. Once 009 takes the bait I resume my original plan. I run over to the gas station and begin to stab one of the tanks with my sword, puncturing huge holes into the sides. Gasoline begins to stream out of the tank, creating a small stream running down the streak. I turn back around and flinch, happy that I didn't see what happened. Other me is scampering down the street, missing an arm. She doesn't make it far though, 009 activates his machine guns, and soon she's nothing but a pile of scraps in the middle of the street. I pull out my sword and watch as the flames begin to burn on the sword. It's a wonder how I never caught on fire.

"I see you made quick work of my imposter," I say, he immediately stops reveling in his victory and turns to me.

"Hm, I forgot you were here. But yes, I agree. To be fair, she was an easy opponent, not half as good as anyone else in these bot fights." He pauses for a second, and adds, "Not half as good as you."

"Thank you, even though I'm about to be killed by you...thank you," I say reluctantly but truthfully.

For a moment we say nothing but the moment soon ends when he begins to aim his guns at me. I grip the sword tightly in my hand. Then I do something that surprises both me and him. I spread my arms out to my sides, revealing my chest.

He is taken back for a moment, "Giving up already? Well, I'll make it quick if that is your wish." He begins to aim the machine guns at my chest.

When the first bullet pierces me, I feel every bit of it as it rips through my body. Then the second comes, then the third and the fourth and five. They keep coming, all faster than the speed of sound. All hitting me. By the last shot he fires, I can no longer feel anything. I collapse to my knees, weak and mostly paralyzed. Shockingly the sword is still in my hand.

He walks over to me, kneeling down to me, to my crippled and deformed body, "I'm sorry, but I'm going to be the one to win this."

I take a deep breath in, probably my last. Then with every bit of strength left in me, I press the button on my fire sword, aiming at the huge puddle of gasoline forming around my dying body. The liquid immediately ignites, trapping us both in a wall of fire, the flames lead back up to the gas station, and I already know what's about to happen. I close my eyes and whisper.

"I'm sorry too."