Chapter 12: Jade's Way to get Him Jealous

Start from the beginning

"You were crying?" He whispers, looking at me sadly.

Shit... Why did I have to let that information slip?

"Yeah, bitch, she was and then she called her brother." Jade steps in and I turn around and look at her telling her to 'back out of it." She nods and steps back.

"I'm sorry. I-I didn't know..." He says.

"Well I was, but I'm sure you don't-" I start but stop when Jade says my name. I turn back towards her and she points to someone behind Luke. How did I not notice.

Well, I am on a roll today, aren't I?

Riley comes up to me and steps in between Luke and I. He grabs my hand but I pull it back, whipping it back to my side, "Ooo, look who got rejected this time..." Luke mutters and Riley turns around. The last few people clear out of the school and we are the only four left, not including teachers.

"Excuse me?" Riley asks. He turns back towards me. He smiles and I just stare. His bright blue eyes gleam in the sunlight and his smile brightens from his white teeth. I see Luke clenching his hands and unclenching them.

"I just wanted to see if you wanted to hang out today?" He asks me. I raise an eyebrow and frown slightly.

"And you think I will agree because?" I ask. I would really like to know, knowing he hasn't spoken to me since Friday. Well, yesterday but that's if you include not even a twenty second conversation.

"Are you okay?"

"No, no not really."

"Why?"

"WHY? Are you kidding me?! I am stuck between two boys who have different reasons to date me, and are shifting my moods. My parents are out of town and my brother is in college, only leaving Jade to take care of me. Not even my boyfriend is on my supportive side-"

"What are you talking about?" Riley questions, obviously getting annoyed. Well, reality check, he deserves this, he acts like a little five year old when it comes to Luke.

"I'm talking about how you never stepped foot into that hospital room. You never offered to help me, never did anything supportive so far."

"And Luke has?!" He shouts, motioning to Luke who is still standing behind him.

"Actually yes, until he ruined it, too! That's all you two do! You make my moods shift back and forth and Jade has to help me threw it. Even Ricky helped me, and where is he? Oh yeah, COLLEGE! A college that he needs to study extra hard for in order to get passing grades and he took the time to talk to me over the phone, even offering to come over!" I shout.

"Well all Luke ever does is destroy..." Riley says matter-of-factly. Luke finally has it and jumps on him, throwing punches to the face and earning punches to the face and chest. They get up and Luke throws him against the locker, only to get kicked in his 'area' by Riley. They shout curse words at each other and rip each other apart. Jade and I stand there and after a few seconds, take action. We try to rip them off each other and pull them by the neck of the shirt but that helps nothing. I can't believe them. Are they serious?

"Are you guys freaking serious? What the hell are you guys problem?" I scream and Luke scrambles off the floor and shoots Riley the middle finger. I slap him across the face. Hard, "Stop fighting! I'm sick of you two! If I knew about this problem you guys had, I would've never started any relationship for either of you!" I scream while Jade slaps Riley telling him to 'grow up'.

"You guys are acting like two year olds. You two need to grow a damn pair and act like your freaking age. Quit acting like girls and grow up!" Jade yells

"I'm losing my damn mind. What even is going on in your damn head!" I shout at both of them, "Is there anything up there?" I shout and pick up my things. I swear, I just can't, "I want to be friends with both of you. But really? All this for a boyfriend and a friend?" I ask and walk out of the doors. Jade walks out after me, whipping her phone out and clicking the screen a few times.

"Who is that?" I question her, waiting for her to open her car door. I notice Luke storm out of the doors and Riley stomps off at the other direction. Ridiculous.

"Noah. Telling him to control his dog, Luke, tomorrow." She says seriously and I laugh, finally stepping into the car. "Oh, look at that, there is a party on Friday. Wanna go? It will be fun."

"Fun for who?" I ask sarcastically.

"For you getting Luke jealous. Duh! Teach him whos boss. Show him not to mess with you..." Jade states matter-of-factly.

"Ha! Luke jealous?! You kidding right? He has atleast three dozen other girls swooning at his feet." I laugh and notice my phone buzzing from a text. From Luke reading, "Sorry". I ignore it and hear my phone ring. A call from Luke. I take a glance at it and click 'ignore' putting it on silent and sliding it into my pocket. This kid as a lot of proving to do. First he gets pissed off at me for bringing up a fact after he brought over the dress. Then he tells me to practically 'hit the road' having me upset. Next, he starts a fight with Riley and acting like a little kid. And now he wants to have a civil conversation with me? After everything he caused me.

He's delusional.

And yet, no texts from Riley.

"Yeah. Well, I'm telling Noah we are going. It's apparently at Ashton's house..." She states and begins typing. I rip her phone out of her hands and say 'eyes on the road' while she pouts at me. She takes it back at a red light and finishes the text and presses 'send'. The light turns green and she tosses her phone into the cup holder. She speeds off and we pull onto my street. She unlocks the door and we step out, grabbing our coats and walking up to the door. I unlock it and we step in, taking out our books to study.

"Hey, can I see your notes from today?" I question.

"What happened to yours?"

"Oh you know...-"

"Doodling?" She questions

"Yup," I say.

"Can I see them?" She asks innocently and I nod. I open the notebook and my eyes bulge out of their sockets. No, why would I even.

"Is that?" She questions, looking at me.

"I swear I only saw this now. I didn't even realize what I was drawing until now." I saw still looking at the page. It was lips pulled into a smirk.

Luke's smirk, perfectly drawn and almost identical.