#2 Up all night

Niall

I had woken in the middle of the night to the sound of Luke crying. He must've been hungry or needed a change.

Walking to his room i picked him up and felt his diaper. It was still fresh but he wouldn't stop crying.

" Baby please stop crying." I whined out. It was after four and this was his first time crying at this hour.

I put him in my arms rocking him but that only made him fussier with me. I put him back in his crib and ran to get my phone. I called Harry and waited for him to pick.

Walking to Luke's room he kept whining and lucky for me Harry answered.

" Mhhh Hello?" His groggily voice came through.

" Harry please come help Luke is crying and i don't know what else to do." I say putting my palm on my forehead.

" Okay just....... fix him a bottle and ill b-bottle- i mean be over there in ten."

" Thank you Harry."

" You owe me big time." Harry hangs up and i run to make Luke's formula. His crying gets a bit lower and i place the nipple on top. I ran quickly to Luke and try to feed him the bottle but he didn't want it.

There's a knock at my door and i pull Luke out patting his back walking out to living room. I open it and Harry is half asleep, with matted hair.

Luke has an outburst and Harry jumps.

" I believe someone has called about a baby issue?" Harry asks with his eyes closed.

" Harry wake up!!" Harry jolts awake and takes Luke from me before walking inside.

" You better be glad you don't live in an apartment." Harry says walking to the nursery room and grabs a pacifier.

Luke rejects and Harry let's out a groan.

" Oh my god what's wrong with him Harry?" I walk by his side. Crying fills the room again and Harry looks at me telling me he's not gonna get anymore sleep.

" Let's take the onesie off of him." Harry lays Luke in the crib and removes the blue cotton leaving my baby only in his diaper.

" Okay well what about his diaper?" Harry feels it and its still fresh like before.

" Lets take his temperature." I look on one of the shelf's and grab the thermometer and Harry takes it from me putting it under Luke's tongue.

It beeps two minutes later and read '97.3'.

" Well then what's the problem?" Luke just fusses a bit when Harry rubs his belly.

" He could be hungry. Maybe he doesn't want milk but something else?" Harry says leaning an arm on the crib.

" Bring his gerber fruit thing."

Harry walks out and i continue to rub Luke's belly and his crying soothes down a bit but his whines get louder.

My best friend comes back with a gerber cup and a mini spoon. He opens the baby food and feeds it to Luke who happily ate it.

" Oh my god. Its working!"

We fed Luke some more and wiped his face. It was almost five so Harry decided to stay with me incase Luke had another outburst.

Harry walked in my room in only his PJ's so we got back in bed and i just rested looking at the ceiling. Harry's small snores filled the room and i sighed in relief.

Being a single parent was tough.

Yet i was glad i had help.

Liam was so fucking selfish. He had put him and his career first before me and our child-

My child. Its my responsibility to take care of Luke. He's my only child and i love him so much.

If Liam gets in my way it will be the last thing he does.

And that is a promise.