I opened my mouth to speak but no sound came out.

"Huh? You gonna talk?" Josh questioned.

"I-I...uh....d-" I stuttered out nervously. This makes no sense, usually I would be able to shout and rant on in front of him for ages, but now I can't speak at all. For some reason he is so intimidating and dominant, it's scares me.

He smirked before speaking again, "You got nothing to say?"

There was a long quiet pause.

"Thought so. Also, I know I'm pretty but there's no need to stare," he said winking. I turned back around to get changed with my cheeks flushed a florescent red.

Damn that Devil.

Once changed, I rushed out towards the hall where the rest of my team were. The hall was packed. There were rows packed full of people seated up against the wall. At the top row I could see my family. My mum happened to be having a conversation with Mrs. Dun.

"Okay team!" I shouted and everyone gathered around me. "Have we got everyone?" I asked.

"We're still missing Josh and Dylan," Jacob stated and I groaned. Of course.

Josh and Dylan then came sprinting in through the doors. "Sorry we're late," Josh huffed and I rolled my eyes.

"Anyway," I carried on, " This game is going to be the most important game of this year so you have to play at your very best, understand?" I looked around and everyone nodded. "Good. And it may be hard. There are 33 other teams here so it will definitely be a tough competition."

"Calling all teams to register!" A loud voice spoke through the speakers.

I went off towards the desk in the corner where all team captains where queuing to register their team. I noticed as I gradually got closer to the desk, there was a familiar face.

Have I seen you before?

Probably not.

I'm pretty sure I have .

Shut up brain. You haven't.

That blonde tuft of hair just seemed so familiar though.

I had finally made my way to the front of the queue immediately recognizing who that person was.

"Sammy?" I questioned.

The boy huffed annoyed, "It's Samuel."

"Yeah whatever," I said scribbling my team name down on the sheet of paper, "What are you doing here?"

"What does it look like I'm doing, taking the register," he answered still looking annoyed at me.

"Okay," I responded. "You're the kid who tried out for our team but didn't make it in, right?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes glaring at me, "Yeah, why?"

"Oh no reason," I replied strolling away back to my team. "Bye Samantha!" I yelled back to him.

He groaned loudly. "It's Samuel!" He called at me sounding irritated.

I made my way back to my team. "Who are we playing first?" I asked.

"South Falcons high school, "replied Troy. "We play a team and the winners of that match go on to play another winning team. The loosing teams play against each other. That carries on until every team has a place out of 34."

"Willow's Eagle high school, please escort your way to court number 1." The voice announced through the speakers.

"That's us," I bit my lip nervously. "C'mon guys let's go!" I said leading my team.

---------------time skip---------------

We were currently tied, us and Spring Shores Academy for Boys. We had made it to the finals and the score was 11-11.

I was sitting out on the bench drinking from my water bottle as it was currently half time.

Josh came and sat next to me, just my luck.

"Why you here?" I asked him.

"Am I not allowed to sit down?" He questioned.

I looked around along the bench, there was hardly anyone else sat down. "There is plenty of space over there," I said gesturing to the far end of the bench.

He rolled his eyes smiling, "Admit it kitten, you enjoy my company."

I furrowed my brows at him as if he was talking complete nonsense, absolutely crazy. Since when did I enjoy being around Josh?

"Can't you go chat with Brendon or something?" I whined.

"Brendon's busy talking with Ryan in the crowd," Josh responded and I sighed.

"Anyway," started Josh, "I think that Basketball Secretary is watching you."

"What really?"

"Yeah, he's been watching you throughout every game. I don't blame him though, you're pretty good," Josh complimented.

"Uh thanks," I replied sheepishly smiling.

A loud whistle was suddenly blown indicating break was over. I got up taking my place as centre position getting ready to start.

"3, 2, 1 and play!" The head coach called.

I hit ball back to Chance who bounced it up the court, dodging anyone who got in his way. The ball was passed to Troy who passed it back to me. I sprinted up the court being marked by not one, but three people.

Knowing that I'd not be able to escape, I tactfully bounced passed the ball behind me to Brendon who managed to get up close to the net, but not close enough. Brendon then through the ball to Chance. Chance was about to throw the ball up to score but it was knocked out of his hands.

A member from the opposing team was running down the court dribbling the ball along with him. Josh blocked him so he tried to pass to his teammate but I caught hold of the ball first.

Now I had the ball back and I was dodging anyone who came after me for it. Running to the right, to the left, bring the ball along with me. I was about to make a lay up to score, but no. I guy, waaaayyy taller than me, blocked me knocking the ball out of my hands as I was about to shoot.

He ran down the court passing back and forth between his team. My team tried to stop him, but weren't quick enough. The tall guy threw the ball up from afar, managing to score.

The whistle blew startling us all.

"Game over! Spring Shores Academy for Boys wins!" The voice announced through the speakers.

I stood there speechless, I can't believe my team just lost. 2nd place?! No, no no that can't be.

I was disrupted from my thoughts when I heard a voice call my name.

"Mr. Joseph!"

I turned around to see a man in a suit walk towards me.

"You played extremely well today. Mind if I have a private word with you?" The man asked.

"Uh... sure," I replied hesitantly.

He smiled. "Come with me, "he said gesturing for me to follow, so I did.