Prologue

PROLOGUE

Nelly

I do.

I. Do.

I spoke my vows loud and clear, for all to hear. Especially for him to hear. I didn't want him to only hear my words but also feel them. With his beautiful hazel eyes, the color of a perfect rich honey, pierced into mine, I knew that he didn't only hear and feel my words but also lived them. He devoured them. They become his oxygen. And as I slid the perfect silvery ring up his delicate finger, my words immediately pumped through his blood and veins until they reached to his most significant organ. His heart. His heart that belonged to me as mine belonged to him.

He gave me his heart, fully trusting me to not destroy it.

I gave him my heart, fully trusting him to not crush it.

Our vows for each other, they were for eternity. The moment, our moment, was mesmerizing, significant and ravishing. A harmony, a dream. A reality and a wish we both have been waiting for since the moment our souls spoke to each other, fell in love with each other. We didn't need a priest to claim us as a husband and wife. We didn't need the two silver rings around our fingers to prove the bond between us, the love we shared for each other. None of that. We only needed each other. With our fingers entwined. With our hearts beating a perfect, peaceful yet exhilarating lullaby. With our eyes locked, only seeing each other while the rest of the world fades away from around us.

But I have to admit. A sense of a wicked stratification crawled up my skin, knowing the careful and hungry eyes of jealous women was on us witnessing my claim on my husband.  My husband. Mine.

"You way kiss the bride."

The priest didn't finish his final word when suddenly I felt Elijah's rigid arm sneaking around my feminine waist, bringing my front to his as his fingers crawled to the nape of my neck tilting my head upwards. Before our next breath, his warm mouth collided with mine. Sweet but savage. Dominate yet submissive. The intensity of our kiss swam like wildfire through and around us, enveloping us into a never diminished intimacy that made our skin hot and tingle with love and desire. My fingers gently ran though his soft blond curls, tugging enough to make him release a groan of pleasure through our kiss. I giggled shyly, always priding myself at the affection I have on him. He nipped on my bottom lip, pulling on it, his eyelids opened automatically with mine and a ripple of heavy want consumed us completely. Our breathing became slow and heavy. Lust invaded us, and at this moment, standing fully clothed became a cumbersome human task to follow. I wanted him...naked. I wanted his hot skin on mine, his mouth on my body, his fullness inside me. And God help, I couldn't wait a second longer.

"You are going to kill me, Nelly." Elijah growled, his eyes digging into mine, it sent a shiver down my spine, "You are tempting me. I am seconds away from kidnapping you and have you all to myself, worship you and make love to you as your husband."

I bit my lip. We were ignoring the joyful applauds from the guests. Our main attention was to ourselves. We were cursed into each other's spell.

I pressed my breasts against his chest, my hips against his and purred against his lips. "Take me away. Kidnap me...I'm yours to do whatever you want, my love."

A glint of an unrecognizable emotion caressed his eyes before it faded away, like it never existed. A smirk settled over his lips and without a warning, he picked me up, carrying me bride style down the aisle. I saw my mom chuckling happily for me, my immobile dad sat on his wheelchair staring at me in a strangle expression, while my best friend Elenora waved lovingly to me. I giggled and remembered the flowers in my hand. Before Elijah could walk us through the large oak double doors, I threw my bouquet to the next lucky woman.