The Last Night (Merome One-Shot)

Start from the beginning

Four.

For being a fucking useless human.

Five.

For my true love hating me.

Six.

For letting him leave me.

Seven.

For not being good enough for him.

Eight.

For being weak.

Nine.

For thinking that he'd ever love me.

The tenth cut was the deepest, sending chills up my spine. I smiled as the crimson liquid poured down my wrists. The water was almost as if a painter dipped his paintbrush in it, darkening the color of it.The world was becoming just a dream of some sort. I've never felt more alive. I was going to be free of all of the bullshit, far from the people who I thought cared for me. No more stress, no more hurting. I don't know what will happen to me, but I just want to leave here. This Hell on Earth. As I was about to continue, a loud thud could be heard from downstairs. I heard a voice.

Jerome.

What was he doing here? I don't want him to have to find me dead. He hates me too. I want peace when I die, not someone laughing at my pathetic life slipping away. His footsteps got louder until I could tell he was in my bedroom. I could only hope that he wouldn't look in the bathroom next door. Of course, I don't ever get what I wish for.

"M-mitch? Are you in there? Please, come out. I-I'm so s-sorry." Jerome's voice was soft and it was easy to tell he was trembling. Why does he even care? He hated me last time I checked.

"M-mitch. W-when you kissed me I was shocked. I didn't know you were... G-gay. B-but I went home and I realized that... I was too. I enjoyed every second of the kiss, and I wish I could've told you. Please Mitch, stay with me. I won't leave you again, I promise." After a minute of no response from me, he spoke up again.

"I'm going to break the door down if you don't talk to me." Another minute went by, and Jerome started to break down the door. Eventually it gave way, and Jerome almost toppled down along with the door. I closed my eyes, afraid of what he might do when seeing me.

"Oh my God, Mitch." His warm hand took the knife out of my hand. He gently lifted me out of the tub, putting what felt like towels around my wounds. I didn't cut enough to kill myself. I slowly opened my eyes, and saw his beautiful face. He smiled lightly when seeing me.

"Y-you're alive. Thank God."

"I-I'm s-sorry." I choked out, unable to speak properly.

"Listen to me. Please don't ever scare me like that again. I don't know what I would do if you left me."

"W-hy did you c-come back?"

"Because... I- I love you, Mitch. I don't know why I even left, but I'll never leave again." He sang quietly.

"This is the last night you'll spend alone. Look me in the eyes so I know you know I'm everywhere you want me to be. The last night you'll spend alone. I'll wrap you in my arms and I won't let go. I'm everything you need me to be. Your parents say everything is your fault. But they don't know you like I know you they don't know you at all."

"I'm so sick of when they say 'it's just a phase you'll be okay. You're fine.'" I attempted to sing, and Jerome smiled and continued.

"But I know it's a lie. This is the last night you'll spend alone. Look me in the eyes so I know you know I'm everywhere you want me to be. The last night you'll spend alone. I'll wrap you in my arms and I won't let go. In everything you need me to be. The last night away from me. The night is so long when everything's wrong. If you give me your hand I will help you hold on. Tonight. Tonight. This is the last night you'll spend alone. Look me in the eyes so I know you know in everywhere you want me to be. The last night you'll spend alone. I'll wrap you in my arms and I won't let go. I'm everything you need me to be. I won't let you say goodbye, and I'll be your reason why. The last night away from me. Away from me..."

Our lips slowly connected, fitting together perfectly. I forget the pain and the problems in life. I'm no longer depressed. I've found my reason to live. And I'm not planning on leaving anytime soon. Jerome Robert Aceti, my one true love. He saved my life, and he stayed in my life. I am forever grateful to him, and I wouldn't leave him for the world. I'll never forget the last night I was alone, and how one simple person can come into someone's life and make you feel so loved.

A/N I am so sorry that was so bad OMG. I know I didn't put the beginning of the song in. I feel like it didn't entirely fit in with the story. I know it wasn't the best story. But I am posting it anyways. Criticism is much appreciated please leave some suggestions on what to fix or what to do differently in the comments. Vote if you actually liked it, not just if you feel bad. Sorry if it's short. Sorry for grammatical errors. Sorry for confusing parts. Sorry if I made mistakes. Sorry that I'm saying sorry a lot. ANYWAYS UM BAIIII

-QuailEgg

(That's the first thing that popped into my head so my name is QuailEgg don't judge)