Trouble in paradise

Emily stayed quiet for most of the day. When the girls came over she knew she had to talk or she'd draw attention to herself. It's not like she didn't want to talk to her friends, her mind was so busy that she forgot to speak. Who could this person be? Was it just a prank? If it wasn't a prank then who would want to terrorize her like this?

Emily was pulled from her thoughts when her girlfriend asked if she wanted a glass of water. The brunette shook her head and announced she was going to the bathroom. Emily took deep breaths so that she wouldn't work herself into a panic attack. After splashing some water on her face there was a knock at the bathroom door.

"Em, are you okay?" Emily knew who it was, she could recognize that voice anywhere. Emily put the towel back on the rack and sighed. "I'm okay, Spence" 

There was silence for a little while. "If you need someone to talk to... I'm here" Spencer whispered.

"I know, I'll be down in a second" Emily replied. God, i need a drink.

After leaving the bathroom the brunette joined the girls. They were watching psycho, one of Alison's favourite horror films. Emily smiled when her girlfriend snuggled into her side. "Are you okay?" Emily's eyebrows furrowed. "I can hear you thinking, is something bothering you?" Emily knew she couldn't keep this from Alison. "I'll tell you later"

Emily sighed when she felt her phone buzz, she grabbed it from her pocket and her heart dropped when she saw the picture attached to the message. It was of the five girls sitting in the living room watching psycho. Emily quickly jumped up and ran to the window looking around the front garden, no one was there. She shut the curtain and looked down at her phone to read the rest of the text.

Still think it's a prank? Tell anyone about me and you'll regret it.

"Em, what are you doing?" Alison asked slightly worried. The girls looking at the brunette confused and freaked out by Emily's sudden actions. "Y-Yeah, I just.. The film, scares me" Emily lied, rubbing the back of her neck. 

The girls knew she was lying but decided to drop the conversation. Emily peeked through the curtains, paranoia taking over every atom in her body. "Em, come sit down" The blonde whispered. Emily shuffled over to her girlfriend, slipping her phone back into her pocket. 

After the movie ended, the girls went home. Emily was a little skeptic but decided not to say anything, it would only bring up a conversation she wasn't allowed to have.

"Okay, what the hell was that about," Alison asked whilst taking the empty cups and popcorn bowl into the kitchen. Emily followed after. 

"Nothing. The film just scared me that's all" 

"Bullshit, you love psycho and it has never scared you before"

Emily shrugged. "Well today it did" 

"Em, we tell each other everything why won't you just tell me the truth" Emily's phone buzzed, the brunette grabbed it from her pocket and gulped.

Sounds like trouble in paradise, keep your mouth shut.

"Are you cheating on me?" 

Emily's head shot up. "What? I would never cheat on you"

"Then you'll have no problem to show me your phone" Alison knew something was going on and she was determined to find out.

"I-I can't do that" 

"You've barely spoken two words to me all day and you get super paranoid every time you get a text. So if you aren't cheating on me then you don't need to worry about showing me your phone"

"I'm sorry but I can't" 

"Give me your phone or I swear to god"

Emily sighed, whatever this person was going to do to her would definitely not hurt as much as Alison fighting with her. Emily looked down at her phone. "Here" Alison grabbed the phone and read the texts. "Who is this?" Alison asked, her voice slightly cracking. 

"I don't know, the messages started this morning"

"Why are they doing thi-" Alison stopped when a message came through.

I told her not to say anything, now you're going to pay for it.