Chapter 1

Hey guys. This chapter takes place to seven years in the future, and Cry’s been dealing’ with a lot of crap since then, let’s see how he’s handling it.

P.s- I dedicate this story to PikaPika4ever because she’s a good friend, and this whole story is about friendship and helping someone out of care and love. No matter how deep you are in crap in life, she always helps you out. Like one time in sixth grade, she stood up to some bullies for me. I’ll never forget that. So thanks for being there for me Piks, really, you’re amazing. I don’t think I could function without you. So, thanks, friend.

Chapter 1

Cry

I jolted up awake from my bed, sweating cover my whole face and body. I looked around the small dark room I was in and breathed in and out deeply. “You’re okay Cry, he’s not here. He’s not here…” I quietly whispered to myself. Dammit. I’ve been having the same nightmare every night since…the incident. I laid back onto my bed, but immediately sat back up when I noticed I felt hot. I turned around and opened up the window behind me, letting in the cool air of the night. It was cold, but I was hot so it didn’t really matter. I wept the sweat from my face and sighed.

That nightmare….how I hate it so much. I just wish for it to just go away. It was pretty much the whole scene of the incident that happened seven years ago. But...in the dream-no, nightmare…dad, he would show up in my room and beat me like he did before, but more ruthlessly and merciless. He wouldn’t stop, not ever. And mom, oh god, she would show up as this sort of dead corpse, zombie-like, but yet she still looked completely human, except for the horrendously giant and bloody smile on her face and those eyes. Those eyes…oh how they used to be a pretty blue, they were black in her wide vain-less eyes. She would stare, stare at me. Then, she would laugh and beat me too…

My breath hitched as I heard a noise coming from outside the door. I clenched the covers with my hand.  I closed my eyes tightly when the doorknob turned. I waited for his voice. I waited for the knife. But neither came, and so I opened my eyes to see my aunt. She had blonde hair and blue eyes, and she was dressed in a very, very tight red dress that barely covered her waist. Yup, definitely the slut-prostitute she looks all the time.

“Hey, what’s the matter with you? Didn’t you hear me already? Get up!” Her make-up covered face glared at me with her cold eyes. I sighed and got up from the bed. “And close that fucking window, it’s freezing in here!” She slammed the door shut. I really hated that woman, but since I really didn’t have anyone else, she was my guardian. You see, a few months after the incident, my father was arrested. He was stealing beer and alcohol from a bar, while little ten year old me was at home, oblivious to everything in the world around me. Since my mother was already dead, and my grandparents lived all the way in Europe, I had to live with dad’s sister, Mary. She hated me just as much as my father did, but hers was a passion more than an emotion. And because of this, she treats me like shit.

I went to my dresser and opened it up, pulling out a black shirt and black skinny jeans. Mary calls me an Emo because I wear so much black, but what can I say, it’s my second favorite color. My first being blue...The same color of mom’s eyes.  I pulled my bed clothes off and put the new ones on. I grabbed a dark blue hoodie and black and white converse and pulled them on. I glanced around the room and found what I was looking for beside my bed. I went over and picked up the mask. The pure white porcelain mask with two dots for eyes, and a straight line for a mouth. I put it on, the elastic band fitting perfectly around my head. I wore this mask to hide my scars on my face, but I think, within me, it means more than just that. After I finished I went down stairs. And of course, Mary’s boyfriend Gary was there to greet me.

“Hey there Ry-“ I send him a glare and he held up his hands in defense, a smirk on his face. “Oh sorry, I didn’t mean to almost say it. I mean, it is your name.”

“Shut up, Gary!” I yelled at him. He has been getting all of my fucking nerves ever since I got here. He knows I hate it when people say my name…except for mom. Mary came into the kitchen and glared at me.

“Don’t you DARE tell my Gary to shut up you brat!” She tried to slap me. But I stepped back. I was not taking her shit today. Her glare hardened at me and she scoffed. “I still don’t know why you always wear that stupid thing.” I knew she was talking about my mask, the one thing that gave me protection. I glared back at her. “And I don’t know why you always dress like a fucking slut.” A smirk came upon my face when I heard her gasp. Yup, not taking it today little-

My breathing stopped and pan filled my lower stomach. I saw Mary smiling at me in front of my face, and her hand left my stomach. Never had I thought she cold knock the wind out of me with one simple punch. And yet, here I am on the ground looking at her. She laughed and looked at Gary. “Go to school, I have more important things to do than taking care of a brat like you. Isn’t that right, Gar?” He smiled and wrapped his arm around her. “Yes…we do.” I got up from the ground and turned my back to them, walking away and heading to the front door. I grabbed my bag and left the -forever smelling like perfume and sex- house.

 I walked down the street to the new school that awaited me. Not only did I have to move in with Mary, but I had to transfer from my old school from at the end of the first semester. I haven’t been in school since then, which was a few months ago before summer. So now, I’m going to this school.  The school came into my vision and I sighed. “You’re almost there, Cry.” A loud bell rang from the school and I groaned.

Give me a fucking break.

    ….More in time...