Corrupting

I have nothing against Cry’s family and I want you guys to know that I hate using his name since he doesn’t like it when people call him by his name, so this is the only place where I’m using it at. Anyway, I don’t own jack, all I own is the story line…. 

Prologue

“Come on, mom! The ice cream parlor is just over there!” A little boy holding his mother’s hand whined and pleaded. His mother looked down towards him and gave him a small smile. “Now, now, Ryan, you have to be patient for these types of things.” The boy known as Ryan sighed and tapped his foot on the sidewalk impatiently. He stared at the green light, urging it to turn red so he and his mother could cross the street. Luckily, a few moments later, the light turned red and Ryan’s face turned to relief. He let go of his mom’s hand and ran across the walkway on the street. He was about to reach the other side when he heard his mom scream, “Ryan!” He looked back at her to see her running towards him. He also saw, in the corner of his eye, a car heading straight towards him also. His mother jumped and took her child into her arms, right when the car hit both of them…

Pain. That’s the only thing Ryan could describe what he was feeling. He could only see darkness in his vision. He tried opening his eyes, but they felt like they weighed a ton. Finally, after a few minutes of struggling, his eyelids opened up, but he winced and almost closed them back when a bright light was shone into his face. He heard a noise and some talking and he tried to listen to it.

“…might have a concussion, the poor child. It’s already a disappointment that his mother…” He strained to listen more of the conversation. What about his mother? Why what had happened to his mother a disappointment. Where was she anyway? Where was he? Was he…alone? No he heard voices. Who were they? Where was his mom? He made a little whimper noise as more and more questions filled his head, giving him a massive headache. He heard footsteps come closer to him, then a soft voice ring out.

“Doctor, it seems he’s awake now…” Ryan opened his eyes more, seeing a young looking woman with orange hair and tan skin standing beside him. A man with thick square glasses and graying blonde hair came up next to her. He gave Ryan a small smile. “Hello there, my name is Charles, and I am your doctor, Ryan…” A nerve struck him in his body. He didn’t like the way he said his name like that. It sounded…..wrong. “Hi….” He responded quietly. The doctor’s smile faded away. “Can I have you sit up for me?” Ryan nodded and sat up. The doctor looked him in the eyes and sighed. “Ryan….you’ve been in an accident.” His eyebrows narrowed together.

“What do you mean? What kind of accident?” Charles frowned a little bit. “You’ve been in a car accident….with your mother...” Images flew into Ryan’s head lightning speed. An ice cream parlor, him and his mother, a car… “What happened? Where is my mom?” Charles gave him a sad look. “It seems that while you and your mother were crossing a street….a car came rushing straight for you two. Your mother…she protected you by sacrificing her own being. Ryan…..your mother is dead.” Ryan stared at the doctor, the whole scene going through his mind. Him running across the street….his mother yelling his name….a car coming right at him…feeling arms around him…a big crash…sirens…more yelling and screaming..His face turned blank and his eyes darkened. “You’re lying…”

Charles shook his head. “It’s the truth Ryan. She didn’t even reach the hospital before she died. I am terribly, terribly sorry.” Tears welled up in Ryan’s eyes. Emotions swarmed inside him all at once. Anger, sadness, disbelief….loneliness. “I want her back…” He whispered, tears cascading down his face. He shook his head. “I want her back…” The doctor sighed. “I am afraid that, that is impossible. The only thing you can do now is go home with your father…” Ryan’s eyes widened. No. This wasn’t happening. He couldn’t go home alone. Not with…him. “I am sorry, Ryan b-“

“Stop calling me Ryan!” He shouted, his voice echoing in the empty room. The doctor looked at him sullenly. “I will go call your father…”

A few hours later Ryan and his father were standing outside of their home in the rain. His dad took his keys and unlocked the door. He turned to the young boy with a look of hatred on his face. His frown deepened when he saw Ryan’s face. His deep and thick voice spilled out of his mouth.”Go. Inside. Now.” Each word sounding like a growl. Ryan obediently walked into the house and went upstairs. He sat on his bed, tears building up in his eyes. “You have such beautiful eyes, Ryan…” His mother would always say…His door creaked open and Ryan turned back, seeing his father standing in the door with something glimmering in his hand. His father stepped closer and raised the armed hands, holding it in the light, revealing it to be a knife. Instantly, Ryan’s blood ran cold. He heard a dark chuckle come from his dad. “You…you did this…”  He stepped closer and closer to him. Ryan back away, in fear. “You…you took Lindsey away from me…you did this!”

Suddenly, the large man lashed out at the ten year old, cutting his arm. Ryan gasped and whimpered in pain while he gripped his hand. “You did this!” Another swipe, this time on his leg. He yelped and tried to back away from him, but was met by the wall. “YOU. KILLED. HER!!!” And the large man was on top of Ryan, punching him and cutting him places all over his body. Ryan screamed when two large and deep cuts were marked in his cheeks, both coming close to his eyes and down to the bottom of his face. Finally, his dad stopped. But with one final kick to the face, he walked away, out of the room, leaving the poor boy on the bed bleeding. Ryan just laid there, frozen. Then, sobs erupted from his mouth, making him hiccup. The tears trained down into his cuts on his cheeks, making them burn. But he couldn’t do anything, the only thing he could do was cry, and that’s what he did…

…..Cry

                ….More in time