Introduction

*Just a quick note. The whole story will be in Skylar's POV unless I change that

Walking into class after a week out felt, weird, no, that's not the word, INSANE. Walking into class after a week out felt insane. Everybody rushing around the classroom trying to get everything in order and trying to come up for an excuse as to why they didn't finish the last 5 chapters of    Blood on the River during the break. But then again, I guess it's only a typical day at Woodbury Highschool.

I shake the thoughts out of my head and shuffle to the back of the room where I usually sit. An empty desk all the way in the back, nobody sitting near me, it can't get any worse for the antisocial person that I am, except it can. With me always​ sitting in the back, I am accused of not paying attention or doing something I'm not supposed to. Honestly though, I don't care. I just let it roll off my shoulders.

The only thing really different about today, other than the fact that half of the students in my class have changed schedules, we have to sign up to be volunteers to earn credits for graduation.

Ugh. It's gonna be a long day.

ו×

2 hours later

The intercom buzzes and the principal begins speaking. "Sophomore students in Mr. Belview's homeroom, please report to the Gymnasium for Volunteer sign ups!"

Walking to the gym, I tried to think long and hard about what type of volunteering I wanted to do. I wanted to do something similar to what I will be doing for a job someday. Taking care of patients in a hospital, checking blood pressure, helping the elderly, and even helping the Red Cross were a few of the things I might be able to volunteer for.

After wandering around, almost everything medical was filled up. Only two options were left. I could help a patient at the Woodbury Mental Hospital, or I could help collect garbage from trash cans around the city.

Guess what?

I picked the mental hospital.

My parents are always overprotective of me. Which I can understand being their only daughter after having 2 sons. Anyways, when my friends would come over to pick me up so we could go to the movies or whatever, they would always warn me about the crazies at that hospital. That's why I can't let them find out.

*This is super short but it's only an introduction!