eleven.

DARKNESS.
011. | ❛ suit up.

THEY ALL CRAMMED INSIDE AN OUTDATED BLUE BUGGY ON THEIR WAY TO MEET WITH SHARON. ALTHOUGH IT WAS QUITE A SMALL SPACE, THEY HAD TO DEAL WITH IT. THE BUGGY WAS LOW PROFILE AND IT WAS EASY TO ACCESS. The car pulled up underneath a concrete underpass,
the car rumbling slowly as it came to a stop. Caroline connected her hands with Steve's on top of the center console, running her thumb over the the side of his hand while they waited.

From the rear view mirror, she could see Kiara and Bucky comfortable beside each other with Sam upset that Caroline called shotgun first. Her eyes flashed forward as another car pulled into the underpass ahead of them. Steve's eyes quickly connect with Caroline's before they pushed at the door, stepping out of the car in one fluid motion.

"Not sure you understand the concept of a getaway car." Sharon remarked mockingly, making you smile slightly, before they slammed their doors and walking towards her,

"Well, Peggy taught me how to hide in plain sight. And it's low profile." Caroline replied giving Sharon a hug when she was in her proximity. Steve gave a handshake to her and a smile to her, as the two stood before the trunk of the car.

"Good, because this stuff tends to draw a crowd." Sharon opened her trunk, revealing Steve's shield and Falcons wings, and Caroline heard Sam excitement through her enhanced hearing.

"We owe you again." Steve admits grateful for their ally.

"Anything for you two. But be warned that I'm keeping a list." Sharon jokes before the three look over to the car. "You know, he kinda tried to kill me."

"Sorry. We'll put it on the list, too. They're going to come looking for you." Steve warns her to which she nods knowing perfectly the consequences of helping them.

"I know." She acknowledges before giving the pair a small smile.

Caroline throws herself once more at Sharon, this time holding on even longer and whispering in her ear, "Thank you, Sharon. Stay safe, and watch your back."

Sharon pats Caroline's back and firmly nods before pulling away, and back into her car. Steve grabs their gear, and walks back to the car. She appreciated what Sharon was doing, and everyone who teamed up on their side. But she had a bad feeling about the battle they were going into, not knowing if she would come out in one piece this time.

───◯───

The small blue buggy turns quickly around the corners as Steve drives hurriedly down the ramps of the empty garage. Finally, the car turns tightly into an empty spot, a white van a few spaces over from theirs. Steve parks the car, stepping out hurriedly, the rest of them following quickly behind him.

Caroline remains still watching the van, her shoulders rolling back into a defensive and protective posture next to Steve. Then suddenly she sees Wanda's head poke out from the passenger seat of the van moments before Clint appears around the back. Her shoulders immediately relax as she registers her friends.

"Cap," Clint says, a small smile pulling at his lips as Wanda climbs out of the car.

"You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice." Steve responds, his posture falling back into his normal Captain's stance as he shakes Clint's hand.