chapter 28

Gerald:

I walked out the door, all smiles. Even Ken noticed.

"Uy, Kuya, you're blushing."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Whatever."

He studied my face. "Wow kuya, I've never seen you with a smile that big." He teased.

"Shut up"

He laughed. "But seriously Kuya, I can see why your'e always smiling. I wish I had a girl like that.

I slung my arm around him "You will too, after you're done school."

He stuck his tongue out at me. "So...do you guys text often?"

I stopped, and smacked my had on my face. "Damn it! Nakalimutan ko nanaman ihingi sa kanya number nya!"

He laughed. "Seriously kuya? You guys have known each other for how long now, and you still don't have her number? You're hopeless."

I sighed. "I'm working on it, okay? Nakakanerbyos kaya. HIndi mo lang pwedeng basta-basta ilapitan ang Popstar Princess at ihingi ang number nya noh."

"Wow." He said sarcastically. "Intimidated much? I just met her two hours ago, and she already gave me her number when I asked.

I gave him a murderoue stare. "WHAAATTT?!?!?!?!?!? How the heck do you have her number? I've been trying to save up my courage for 2 months to ask her and you get it just like that?"

"Yup." He shrugged, as if it was no big deal.

"Give it to me."

"No way! You have to ask her yourself."

"Why?'ll laugh at me."

"C'mon kuya, do you really think ate Sarah would laugh at you?"

No. I thought to myself. She was the nicest person I'd ever met. Not to mention the most beautiful.

"But still..."

"Kuya, you have to ask her." He said seriously. "If you just get it from me, where's the sincerity in that?"

He was right. "It's just that...Natotorpe ako eh. Baka kung anong maiisip nya."

"You're just like Sarah's character in the movie. No confidence. You just gotta trust her bro. I've seen how you are around her. You gonna let something that precious escape your grasp?"

"No. Thanks for the pep talk bro."

"No problem kuya."

When we got home, my mom was waiting for us, asking how the rehearsal went.

"It was alright." I say.

"Gerald was blushing every 2 minutes and kept getting mental breakdowns over how to ask ate Sarah for her number." Ken said, shamelessy.

Boy, I wanna strangle this kid.

My mom sat down next to me. "Bakit ka ba naman natatakot hingin ang number nya anak? Sa nakikita ko naman, napaka approachable naman si Sarah eh."

"Hindi ko alam Ma."

"He's in love. That's Why!" Ken shouted.

I started blushing.

"Awww, ang anak ko, inlove talaga! Ang cute mo naman anak! Naku, napaka swerte ni Sarah talaga sa yo"

"Ano ba naman kayo! Hindi nga kami mag girlfriend eh! Ni number nya, wala pa nga ako eh." I grumbled. They kept acting as me and her were together. I appreciated their support, but I gave me more pressure.